My scalp hurts Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So for a few months I think, my scalp has been hurting.
I don't tie my hair up tightly, I leave it loose.
I wash my hair twice a week and leave it to air dry.
But sometimes my scalp really hurts, for example if I am moving my hair to the side, the roots hurt really badly.
I even massaged my scalp for like 20-30 minutes and it was still painful the next day.
I once washed my hair with cold water and it felt like knives against my scalp because they were that painful.
Even 2 months ago I did a hot treatment thing and the hot cap against my scalp was really painful. I don't know what is causing it, but it really hurts at times to comb my hair. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but sometimes when I touch my scalp it is very warm.
Rid The Kid
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you're going bald.
let it play
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried changing your shampoo / conditioner etc?

What happens if you don't use them for a week and just use water?
AnotherLondoner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Use to happen to me a lot, nothing to worry about, it goes away in a couple of days. Hopefully that's helpful.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by let it play)
Have you tried changing your shampoo / conditioner etc?

What happens if you don't use them for a week and just use water?
I normally have greasy hair and I once tried that it was gross. I do change my shampoo and conditioner frequently, but I have curly hair so I have to use a lot of products. I don't think it is because of those products though.
Examsaresad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omg I used to have that all the time! I cut my hair shoulder length (it used to be rly long) and it’s not as bad now. Sometimes it randomly hurts😂 maybe if ur hairs long get it cut shorter? If not the doctors.. idk what they’d suggest tho
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AnotherLondoner)
Use to happen to me a lot, nothing to worry about, it goes away in a couple of days. Hopefully that's helpful.
It's been like that for a few months
(Original post by Examsaresad)
Omg I used to have that all the time! I cut my hair shoulder length (it used to be rly long) and it’s not as bad now. Sometimes it randomly hurts😂 maybe if ur hairs long get it cut shorter? If not the doctors.. idk what they’d suggest tho
I did cut my hair shortish, but still it hurts
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I normally have greasy hair and I once tried that it was gross. I do change my shampoo and conditioner frequently, but I have curly hair so I have to use a lot of products. I don't think it is because of those products though.
Wash your hair more often.
Anonymous #1
I have this thing where I can't wash my hair too often because that would mean air dry and I would catch a cold.
(Original post by black tea)
Wash your hair more often.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have this thing where I can't wash my hair too often because that would mean air dry and I would catch a cold.
Why would you catch a cold from washing your hair?! Colds are caused by viruses
LDNDOLLZ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it is infections of the hair follicles that can cause scalp sensitivity. These infections can be painful, sore, or warm to the touch. They often affect the back of the neck, the back of the scalp, or the armpit.
Anonymous #1
I just do
Why would you catch a cold from washing your hair?! Colds are caused by viruses
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe your hair is always in the same style? If you change it slightly everyday the roots shouldn’t hurt

When I used to keep my hair back, it used to ache whenever I let it open before bed lol then I changed my parting line and that hurt even more haha
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LDNDOLLZ)
it is infections of the hair follicles that can cause scalp sensitivity. These infections can be painful, sore, or warm to the touch. They often affect the back of the neck, the back of the scalp, or the armpit.
If OP had an infection for several months, they would be pretty unwell by now.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by namkeen-kuthi)
Maybe your hair is always in the same style? If you change it slightly everyday the roots shouldn’t hurt

When I used to keep my hair back, it used to ache whenever I let it open before bed lol then I changed my parting line and that hurt even more haha
Does it still hurt?
True
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does it still hurt?

True
Nope, because I change it often. Sometimes it’s tied up tightly, or a low ponytail or half up half down or just left down lol
LDNDOLLZ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Naw you dont understand, its a scalp inflammation she needs the medicated scalp cream from the doctor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (15)
32.61%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (14)
30.43%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (9)
19.57%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (3)
6.52%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (5)
10.87%

Watched Threads