The Student Room Group

My scalp hurts

So for a few months I think, my scalp has been hurting.
I don't tie my hair up tightly, I leave it loose.
I wash my hair twice a week and leave it to air dry.
But sometimes my scalp really hurts, for example if I am moving my hair to the side, the roots hurt really badly.
I even massaged my scalp for like 20-30 minutes and it was still painful the next day.
I once washed my hair with cold water and it felt like knives against my scalp because they were that painful.
Even 2 months ago I did a hot treatment thing and the hot cap against my scalp was really painful. I don't know what is causing it, but it really hurts at times to comb my hair. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but sometimes when I touch my scalp it is very warm.
you're going bald.
Have you tried changing your shampoo / conditioner etc?

What happens if you don't use them for a week and just use water?
Use to happen to me a lot, nothing to worry about, it goes away in a couple of days. Hopefully that's helpful.
Reply 4
Original post by let it play
Have you tried changing your shampoo / conditioner etc?

What happens if you don't use them for a week and just use water?

I normally have greasy hair and I once tried that it was gross. I do change my shampoo and conditioner frequently, but I have curly hair so I have to use a lot of products. I don't think it is because of those products though.
Omg I used to have that all the time! I cut my hair shoulder length (it used to be rly long) and it’s not as bad now. Sometimes it randomly hurts😂 maybe if ur hairs long get it cut shorter? If not the doctors.. idk what they’d suggest tho
Reply 6
Original post by AnotherLondoner
Use to happen to me a lot, nothing to worry about, it goes away in a couple of days. Hopefully that's helpful.

It's been like that for a few months
Original post by Examsaresad
Omg I used to have that all the time! I cut my hair shoulder length (it used to be rly long) and it’s not as bad now. Sometimes it randomly hurts😂 maybe if ur hairs long get it cut shorter? If not the doctors.. idk what they’d suggest tho

I did cut my hair shortish, but still it hurts
Original post by Anonymous
I normally have greasy hair and I once tried that it was gross. I do change my shampoo and conditioner frequently, but I have curly hair so I have to use a lot of products. I don't think it is because of those products though.

Wash your hair more often.
Reply 8
I have this thing where I can't wash my hair too often because that would mean air dry and I would catch a cold.
Original post by black tea
Wash your hair more often.
Original post by Anonymous
I have this thing where I can't wash my hair too often because that would mean air dry and I would catch a cold.

Why would you catch a cold from washing your hair?! Colds are caused by viruses
it is infections of the hair follicles that can cause scalp sensitivity. These infections can be painful, sore, or warm to the touch. They often affect the back of the neck, the back of the scalp, or the armpit.:h:
I just do
Why would you catch a cold from washing your hair?! Colds are caused by viruses
Original post by LDNDOLLZ
it is infections of the hair follicles that can cause scalp sensitivity. These infections can be painful, sore, or warm to the touch. They often affect the back of the neck, the back of the scalp, or the armpit.:h:

If OP had an infection for several months, they would be pretty unwell by now.
Does it still hurt?

True
Naw you dont understand, its a scalp inflammation she needs the medicated scalp cream from the doctor.
Not trying to bump, but can anyone suggest any medicated shampoos or conditioners please? I still have this scalp inflammation thing, the GP said she could not find anything and didn't recommend anything.

Quick Reply

Latest