The Student Room Group

"Leaving certificate" ??? URGENT

Hii! I'm applying to a German university and I need to upload my leaving certificate...which I assume is the one people get from school, but my school has delayed its process. Can I use my IAL Certificate as the leaving certificate? Or will I get rejected? I don't mind trying, as long as if it's not ideal, they'll let me know but I'm kinda scared they'll just reject my application because of that. So can I use the certificate? I find it equivalent tbh. I'd really appreciate an answer before tomorrow❤. Thank you!!!
Original post by sarah99630
Hii! I'm applying to a German university and I need to upload my leaving certificate...which I assume is the one people get from school, but my school has delayed its process. Can I use my IAL Certificate as the leaving certificate? Or will I get rejected? I don't mind trying, as long as if it's not ideal, they'll let me know but I'm kinda scared they'll just reject my application because of that. So can I use the certificate? I find it equivalent tbh. I'd really appreciate an answer before tomorrow❤. Thank you!!!

Talk to their international section and explain in the UK completion of school is signified by A levels. You might be able to get a letter saying you have left, but it has no value. Check before you send.
Reply 2
Oh alright. Thank you so much. Yes they know and recognise it..I just wasn't sure if it could do as a "leaving certificate" and after that there's a question on country of leaving certificate. Should I write UK or Kenya? Thanks again!!😊😊
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to their international section and explain in the UK completion of school is signified by A levels. You might be able to get a letter saying you have left, but it has no value. Check before you send.
Oh alright. Thank you so much. Yes they know and recognise it..I just wasn't sure if it could do as a "leaving certificate" and after that there's a question on country of leaving certificate. Should I write UK or Kenya? Thanks again!!😊😊

Tbh for the UK it must have passed me by because I dont believe there is a formal one. Just get the school to write you a letter on their headed notepapers confirming you have left. The exam certificates are whats important. The so called leaving certificate I believe has no relevance in the UK. If youve left school in the UK , then UK, if Kenya, then Kenya.
Reply 4
Great. I'm posting that one. Thanks!! Have a great day :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
Tbh for the UK it must have passed me by because I dont believe there is a formal one. Just get the school to write you a letter on their headed notepapers confirming you have left. The exam certificates are whats important. The so called leaving certificate I believe has no relevance in the UK. If youve left school in the UK , then UK, if Kenya, then Kenya.
Great. I'm posting that one. Thanks!! Have a great day :smile:

Actually just get them to write the letter to say they confirm you have completed your secondary education successfully and sat your A level exams. Certificates are issued by the exam board and not the school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending