The Student Room Group

AQA AS Further Maths Paper 1 Pure 2019 (13th May) unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Last year you needed 42/80 to get an A. And normally they don't change it too much. So my prediction would be 48+ for an A
Original post by george_0liver29
Pretty Hard, hopefully they'll have lowered the boundaries, though I doubt that'll happen after last year
Reply 21
What did ppl get for the co ordinate on the line for the new opening??
Original post by asifmahmoud
How did everyone find it? It was hard to finish everything in time. Can we start an unofficial markscheme for today's paper? Thank you!!
Original post by asifmahmoud
Last year you needed 42/80 to get an A. And normally they don't change it too much. So my prediction would be 48+ for an A

44 wasn't it? Either way, I doubt it'll be over 50. It's the overall mark that counts though, right? I believe you needed 96/160 for DS to get an A.
Reply 23
Original post by Aksagar
volume of revolution was 2.2 radians??

Yea I got 20/9
My bad. Yup It was 44
Original post by eclipseboi
44 wasn't it? Either way, I doubt it'll be over 50. It's the overall mark that counts though, right? I believe you needed 96/160 for DS to get an A.
Reply 25
I got 4.4
Original post by RVSZN
Yea I got 20/9
Reply 26
Me too, not sure why we are getting double what others are saying
Original post by Viraj.P
I got 4.4
Original post by miniwiv

Could someone explain the method for that question please? (volume of revolution)
Reply 28
what question was this?
Original post by miniwiv
Original post by eclipseboi
I agree with the last three, couldn't do the Maclaurin though so I have no idea :frown:

Matrices almost ruined me as I initially tried A x A^k, but it worked once I used A^k x A

I think I got the vectors proof right, I ended up with something similar-looking to the required answer, multiplied top and bottom by 17 and got it.

For feasible values of y I got y< or equal to (7-root6)/2 and y> than or equal to (7+root6)/2

Can't remember any others

yeah, I think it was just a rearrangement of a•b=|a||b|costheta so I was glad that my answer looked a bit similar to the one in the question!!

I agree with the y values also I think
Original post by lemmens
yeah, I think it was just a rearrangement of a•b=|a||b|costheta so I was glad that my answer looked a bit similar to the one in the question!!

I agree with the y values also I think

That sounds encouraging :smile:
Someone else in my class also got those y-values.
Reply 31
The equation was y=2x^1/2 + x^-2/3, when you apply this to the volumes of revolution equation with the limits x=1/8 and x=8 you get something like 103.725, which then to find theta you do (461/2)/103.725 and you get 20/9
Original post by 123an456
i got 4.4?
which question are you guys talking about because im scared ive missed out a question:frown:
Original post by RVSZN
The equation was y=2x^1/2 + x^-2/3, when you apply this to the volumes of revolution equation with the limits x=1/8 and x=8 you get something like 103.725, which then to find theta you do (461/2)/103.725 and you get 20/9
Reply 33
Original post by RVSZN

Are you forgetting to square the equation as you substitue for y^2 not just y
That volumes of revolution question
Original post by Tharsan1911
which question are you guys talking about because im scared ive missed out a question:frown:
Reply 35
Original post by Tharsan1911

i think they're talking about a different exam board, asked loads of people and they know nothing about it on aqa
Original post by max532
i think they're talking about a different exam board, asked loads of people and they know nothing about it on aqa

5 marker. It was the first "proper" question, I think. Asked you to find the volume of revolution for the region bounded by the hyperbola, y-axis, x-axis and the line y=a.
Reply 37
Nope, I did y^2 just didn’t write it there
Original post by miniwiv
Are you forgetting to square the equation as you substitue for y^2 not just y
Original post by lemmens
I think p>2 because the stationary point would have to be above the x-axis for there to be no real roots

Or p < -2, because you could move it either down or up.
Original post by 123an456
i got 4.4?

Yeah, I got that too

Quick Reply