The Student Room Group

Missed an exam

Missed my National 5 History today, not due to illness though. I messed up and couldn't make it in time. Thankfully History is a subject I have no interest in and have not chosen in fifth year.

Does anyone know if I will be forced to resit the national 5 next year.
(edited 4 years ago)
your daddy going to give you a slap
well there's probably going to be 2, but with the total mark, if you pass the second one with an incredible grade, you could still pass :smile: worked for me on English. Otherwise you may have to resit but if you appeal with a good reason as to why you missed an exam and failed, and you have great grades in other subjects, your chances at attending a good sixth form are still high
Reply 3
Original post by sillysausage77
well there's probably going to be 2, but with the total mark, if you pass the second one with an incredible grade, you could still pass :smile: worked for me on English. Otherwise you may have to resit but if you appeal with a good reason as to why you missed an exam and failed, and you have great grades in other subjects, your chances at attending a good sixth form are still high

I believe there is only one History exam. Also we don't have sixth forms here
Original post by BibleJohn
I believe there is only one History exam. Also we don't have sixth forms here

I don't think you have to retake as it isn't a core subject but I don't know wh00ps. good luck all the same:colonhash:
Original post by BibleJohn
Missed my National 5 History today, not due to illness though. I messed up and couldn't make it in time. Thankfully History is a subject I have no interest in and have not chosen in fifth year.

Does anyone know if I will be forced to resit the national 5 next year.

No, your school shouldn't make you resit it.
why did you miss it?

Quick Reply