The Student Room Group

Anyone else doing Imperial Image or Love and Relationships?

Anyone doing these? Already done World of the Hero but I feel like not many people are doing these as well and I'm not sure what to think about the exam :/
Love and Relationships :biggrin:
Sappho, Ovid, Plato & Seneca etc? How are you feeling about it because everyone seems a little scared of all the philosophy going on
Original post by HateSchx
Love and Relationships :biggrin:
Original post by inslupbanana
Sappho, Ovid, Plato & Seneca etc? How are you feeling about it because everyone seems a little scared of all the philosophy going on

wtf is ''Sappho, Ovid, Plato & Seneca'' ??
Like the sources we use basically :P What topics are you doing for it?
wtf is ''Sappho, Ovid, Plato & Seneca'' ??
Like the sources we use basically :P What topics are you doing for it?

I am so lost. Topics?
What are you looking at? What have you learnt?
I am so lost. Topics?
Lmao all the poems in the cluster
What are you looking at? What have you learnt?
You talking about GCSE or A level? Who wrote the poems?
Lmao all the poems in the cluster
Reply 9
I study Imperial Image and Love and Relationships too, how did you find the World of the Hero exam yesterday?
I thought it was just sort of okay really, good 30 marker (Odyssey) but I didn't really like the comparison question and I thought the Aeneid and Odyssey passages were too similar :/
Original post by eiyii
I study Imperial Image and Love and Relationships too, how did you find the World of the Hero exam yesterday?
Reply 11
I agree the passages were basically the same and I find it more difficult comparing context as well as the actual passages :frown:
Out of curiosity what did you put for the Odyssey 30 marker because I did the Aeneid one
I thought it was just sort of okay really, good 30 marker (Odyssey) but I didn't really like the comparison question and I thought the Aeneid and Odyssey passages were too similar :/
The question was something along the lines of 'was Athene essential to the success of the epic'.
So I determined that the success of the epic could either be Odysseus killing the suitors or it just being a good story and then I basically compare moments where she was there and how good that was/how it worked out to moments when she wasn't there and just concluded that she was essential. It wasn't particularly exciting but it meant you could write about almost every event.

The Aeneid one looked quite good but I figured I'd be doing war/augustus soon enough so i went with Odyssey

Original post by eiyii
I agree the passages were basically the same and I find it more difficult comparing context as well as the actual passages :frown:
Out of curiosity what did you put for the Odyssey 30 marker because I did the Aeneid one
i do imperial image and love n relationships !
Does anyone have any good like work books for world of the hero, imperial image and/or Athenian democracy ?

Quick Reply

Latest