The Student Room Group

National 5 French 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

The Spanish listening was pretty dire this year imo so im thinking French will be similar. My time tomorrow morning will be spent finalising my bullet points and maybe trying a listening
Original post by aingidh
The Spanish listening was pretty dire this year imo so im thinking French will be similar. My time tomorrow morning will be spent finalising my bullet points and maybe trying a listening

Wish I could do this too but unfortunately I have to go to a physics master class all morning
Original post by beth1709
I’m not sure what it is I just tend to understand what they are saying, I think the fact that I do Italian also helps as a lot of the words and the way the languages are a structured is similar, therefore when I’m doing listenings in Italian that helps improve my French too. I’m just hoping for good unpredictables but other than that I feel good for it. X

Yeh Italian and French I've heard are very similar.

My high point is my memory; I know 10 unpredictable bullet points, going to learn 2 more last minute ones tomorrow. Hopefully at least 1 comes up from the ones I have learned, but judging from past papers, they have thrown in some that we didn't get notes for in our school...
Original post by Strelzo
Yeh Italian and French I've heard are very similar.

My high point is my memory; I know 10 unpredictable bullet points, going to learn 2 more last minute ones tomorrow. Hopefully at least 1 comes up from the ones I have learned, but judging from past papers, they have thrown in some that we didn't get notes for in our school...

Yea same here I’m very lucky to have a good memory, my issue is I’ve not put in effort to try and learn them but because I remember pretty much all of my talks/writings (fairly well) since 3rd year I’m sure I’ll be able to think of answers to them (hopefully haha).
Also I’m sure at least one of the billet points you’ve learned will come up, unless they ask something obscure. More than likely something you’ve covered will appear though so I wouldn’t worry
They also aren’t expecting them to be perfect, as long as you have the first 4 pretty much perfect and have used a range of tenses in them, if your attempt on the last two is adequate then you can still get 16/20. (According to by teachers anyway)
Yea same here I’m very lucky to have a good memory, my issue is I’ve not put in effort to try and learn them but because I remember pretty much all of my talks/writings (fairly well) since 3rd year I’m sure I’ll be able to think of answers to them (hopefully haha).

Hehe. 'Nother bad thing is the first paragraph (bullet point 1) has an opening sentence very similarly to my writing assignment that I sent away. I haven't done it yet, but I keep wondering if I'll screw up in the exam and tackle the wrong writing. Stupid memory lol
Original post by Strelzo
Hehe. 'Nother bad thing is the first paragraph (bullet point 1) has an opening sentence very similarly to my writing assignment that I sent away. I haven't done it yet, but I keep wondering if I'll screw up in the exam and tackle the wrong writing. Stupid memory lol

Haha, just take your time when you writing it so you don’t get carried away and forget which writing you are doing and I’m sure you’ll be fine :smile:
They also aren’t expecting them to be perfect, as long as you have the first 4 pretty much perfect and have used a range of tenses in them, if your attempt on the last two is adequate then you can still get 16/20. (According to by teachers anyway)

Got 16/20 in the prelim (I only looked at one and surprisingly it came up), my other attempt at the 2nd unpredictable was dreadful, so I think if you attempt the two, you get 12/20, and each time one is perfect, you get 4 marks for it.
Original post by Strelzo
Got 16/20 in the prelim (I only looked at one and surprisingly it came up), my other attempt at the 2nd unpredictable was dreadful, so I think if you attempt the two, you get 12/20, and each time one is perfect, you get 4 marks for it.

Yeah same here, I was equally prepared for the prelim as I am for the exam and I managed to get 20 in the prelim so hoping for the same outcome tomorrow🤞🏻I know my first four anyway so they’ll at least get me some marks
Haha, just take your time when you writing it so you don’t get carried away and forget which writing you are doing and I’m sure you’ll be fine :smile:

I'm like Sonic the Hedgehog when I write xD. To give you an example, in the English exam I used up the whole booklet for the Critical Reading section, so writing slow is hard for me; all the more reason I'll muck up lmao. Anyways, I'm away off to get some sleep so I don't miss my bus in the morning from sleeping in lol, speak to you later; and good luck!
Original post by Strelzo
I'm like Sonic the Hedgehog when I write xD. To give you an example, in the English exam I used up the whole booklet for the Critical Reading section, so writing slow is hard for me; all the more reason I'll muck up lmao. Anyways, I'm away off to get some sleep so I don't miss my bus in the morning from sleeping in lol, speak to you later; and good luck!

Haha, I’m sure you’ll do well anyway. Thank you and you too. Sleep well!
Hope the exam goes well for you all today :smile:
How did everyone find today
Quite good, how about you?
How did everyone find it?

I thought reading and writing were fine, unpredicted bullet points were great. I thought the listening was quite hard tho :frown: and my teacher seemed to think it was alright...
Hello everyone! How did everybody find the exam? I thought reading and writing went well but listening was quite difficult!
My class seemed pretty split, some found it easy some found it hard
Agree about the listening! I thought that the questions were weird e.g rather than giving you 4 options to choose from, they told you 2 and you had to pick 2!
Original post by BethKennedy_x
Hello everyone! How did everybody find the exam? I thought reading and writing went well but listening was quite difficult!
Unpredictables were really good, and listening was probs harder than a lot of the past papers but I still think it was quite good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending