The Student Room Group

Why am I so needy?

It's almost like I need constant attention...
Hey, you might be lacking some you time? Maybe spend some time working on points you feel need to work on with yourself but don't forget the positives. Usually being 'needy' is just your mind needing some attention from you. Hope this helped?? Sorry I'm bad at advice 😅
same here, if there’s a second where my friends aren’t talking to me it’s just like... omg i need them to talk to me, ya get me?
Sounds like you need some you time, try spending more time on things that benefit you and work on insecurities, you'll get there in the end!
Reply 4
Original post by peach.bear.ann
Sounds like you need some you time, try spending more time on things that benefit you and work on insecurities, you'll get there in the end!

Sorry, but how do I do that? Elaborate... how do I do me time?
Probably because you don’t get any attention
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry, but how do I do that? Elaborate... how do I do me time?

Things such as self care, spending time in a quiet space pampering yourself, or doing something you enjoy that you can do alone. Other options can be going for walks, keeping gratitude diaries or generally try new things. Works as a reward system too after doing a lot of work or having a stressful day. Hope this was a better explanation 😊
Reply 7
Original post by peach.bear.ann
Things such as self care, spending time in a quiet space pampering yourself, or doing something you enjoy that you can do alone. Other options can be going for walks, keeping gratitude diaries or generally try new things. Works as a reward system too after doing a lot of work or having a stressful day. Hope this was a better explanation 😊

Interesting, yes. I do need to do that. Sounds like a plan, thank you!

Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
Probably because you don’t get any attention

Yes, exactly. It's kind of sad.
Yes, exactly. It's kind of sad.

Trust me i’m the same sometimes to some people. It is kinda sad yes but you have to train yourself to not
Reply 9
The people that I know that are chronic attention-seekers are now that way precisely because they get too much of it. I assume it begins with soem sort of hangup or insecurity, then you get 'addicted' to the flashes of attention you do get, until it is a driving force for you.
You need to learn to be alone, I've felt that way sometimes too in the past. I would feel like if my friends didn't contact me then they didn't like me or they weren't friends and I would feel like a loner. I think it has to do with insecurities and you needing some reassurance. I think that as you get older it gets better and your insecurities lessen and you learn and appreciate less attention and having time to yourself. You need to be confident in yourself and know that hangingnout by yourself is ok. You'll get through it, it's ok to want attention from friends/ family or significant other just as long as it doesn't become unhealthy if you feel like it's a more serious matter contact a therapist. Best of luck
Original post by gjd800
The people that I know that are chronic attention-seekers are now that way precisely because they get too much of it. I assume it begins with soem sort of hangup or insecurity, then you get 'addicted' to the flashes of attention you do get, until it is a driving force for you.

What do you mean? That the attention is towards the insecurity and that way you want more from it?
Reply 12
What do you mean? That the attention is towards the insecurity and that way you want more from it?

Initially they have some insecurity and they want some attention to salve it. Eventually, they need attention simply for attention's sake, purely because they have had too much attention to begin with and they feel somehow diminished without it. Not everyone, but I have seen it a lot over my life.
Stop finding gratification from other people and focus on achieving happiness through yourself
Original post by gjd800
Initially they have some insecurity and they want some attention to salve it. Eventually, they need attention simply for attention's sake, purely because they have had too much attention to begin with and they feel somehow diminished without it. Not everyone, but I have seen it a lot over my life.

Ohh I see what you mean! That May be it, I mean I talk to a lot of people and when everyone is busy it just gets lonely and I need someone to speak to! I should try and sort out this insecurity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending