The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do you hate homosexuality

So I’m a 16 Yaar old male and I’m gay. I’ve known this for a long time. I’m a Buddhist and homosexuality in my religion is not frowned upon unlike Christianity and Islam but I’ve been in denial becuase of the culture that I was exposed to. I like to think that this world (specially UK) is moving forward as a society and progressing towards a better future and giving more rights to more people, making this world equal a place for everyone.
And yet some people are still agaist 2 males falling in love. It does no harm to anyone in anyway. Yet there’s a strong hatred? From what I’ve known, people roughly fall in to these categories for why they disagree;
religious beliefs
Lack of education
Misinformation and lies
Patriarchy and inadequacy
Cannot accept their own sexuality and
Historical beliefs

If you are okay and support the LGBT community; thank you for understanding and supporting us :smile:

And if you don’t agree with it, why? I want to know if it’s reasonable or not. Please be logical and realistic.

TL;DR : If you’re agaist homosexuality, Why?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:jumphug:
I don't. I do wish I was straight though
Reply 3
It does annoy me when some conservative monks use the stuff in the Precepts and vinaya about 'sexual misconduct' to rail against gay people. Fundamental misreading based on social ideals, not on canon.
Reply 4
Bit of a biased question... I don't anyway.
Original post by CoolCavy
I don't. I do wish I was straight though

This is me on a daily basis
I don't hate anyone. Anyone free to live their life. But I hate the PC stuff like Dumbledore apparently coming out of gay or a character from Arthur coming out as gay. They were never gay to begin with. So I don't get why we need to make them this way just to please people (in reference to the characters on TV)
I don't hate homosexuality.If it makes someone happy then why not.It doesn't hurt me in any way whatsoever.Who am I to judge?
Original post by gjd800
It does annoy me when some conservative monks use the stuff in the Precepts and vinaya about 'sexual misconduct' to rail against gay people. Fundamental misreading based on social ideals, not on canon.

Couldn’t agree more
Original post by ineedtorevise127
I don't hate anyone. Anyone free to live their life. But I hate the PC stuff like Dumbledore apparently coming out of gay or a character from Arthur coming out as gay. They were never gay to begin with. So I don't get why we need to make them this way just to please people (in reference to the characters on TV)

Don’t even talked about J.K Rowling she’s going absolute bonkers like, why are you switching people’s races and sexuality?

Avoiding her and Harry Potter, Don’t you think representation is important?
Original post by Anonymous1502
I don't hate homosexuality.If it makes someone happy then why not.It doesn't hurt me in any way whatsoever.Who am I to judge?

We need more people like you to make the world a better place :jumphug:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Revision Boiii
Don’t even talked about J.K Rowling she’s going absolute bonkers like, why are you switching people’s races and sexuality?

Avoiding her and Harry Potter, Don’t you think representation is important?

Sure but just changing characters for sake of it just weird.
I can't say I know of anyone who does.
Sure but just changing characters for sake of it just weird.

I agree, what I meant was introducing new characters
Reply 14
Tbh I feel like homosexuality is something that grows and overtime influences more people to become gay which is why certain cultures attack gay people
i don’t
Well kinda like old times, when people would rather have had male offspring than female ones, i think today people hating on homos & who dont want to be associated with them are holding a strong social stigma still, which stemms from a similar line of thought : people really don't want their kids to be gay (why? maybe by instinct the basic human mind sees that gays, who are biologically unable to reproduce, are a huge failure in terms of offspring and the genetic line. so best to avoid them (in the family, or in the tribe i.e. in society)
edit: holyshit, sry if that came off as extremely homophobic, if u wanna are/be gay, it's ok, i'm cool with it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
I don't hate it, I just dont especially like having the life style and full on history of the movement rammed down my throat by protesters and their ilk.

While J K has definitely made up a lot of stuff well after the HP books finished, I think the Dumbledore being gay is one of the few genuine ones.

There’s a YouTube interview with her from absolutely years ago that I saw once and somewhere in the middle of it she says that for one of the earlier films the director wanted to put in a scene where Dumbledore was reminiscing about a young female love. J K took the script, scribbled it out and wrote “he’s gay!” So I doubt J K’s lying about the gay thing because otherwise the director who she’s talking about could deny this ever happened and expose her.

But I agree that the other things she says are nuts and not true, such as that Hermione’s black and Credence being Dumbledore’s long lost brother :lol:
I think when you think of sexual intercorse in a solely physical sense it might not make sense to be against such behaviour. However coming from a more religious side of view it is very different. Our lives on Earth is more or less to put the jigsaw back together and every act we do has the opportunity restoring more G-dly light into the world including some of the most animalistic pleasures. So the sole most important thing when it comes to martial relations is achieving a state of intimacy and releasing G-dly sparks in the physical world. Which for more complex reasons can only be achieved between a man and a woman.

Original post by Revision Boiii
So I’m a 16 Yaar old male and I’m gay. I’ve known this for a long time. I’m a Buddhist and homosexuality in my religion is not frowned upon unlike Christianity and Islam but I’ve been in denial becuase of the culture that I was exposed to. I like to think that this world (specially UK) is moving forward as a society and progressing towards a better future and giving more rights to more people, making this world equal a place for everyone.
And yet some people are still agaist 2 males falling in love. It does no harm to anyone in anyway. Yet there’s a strong hatred? From what I’ve known, people roughly fall in to these categories for why they disagree;
religious beliefs
Lack of education
Misinformation and lies
Patriarchy and inadequacy
Cannot accept their own sexuality and
Historical beliefs

If you are okay and support the LGBT community; thank you for understanding and supporting us :smile:

And if you don’t agree with it, why? I want to know if it’s reasonable or not. Please be logical and realistic.

TL;DR : If you’re agaist homosexuality, Why?

Latest

Trending

Trending