The Student Room Group

I am ugly and I don't deserve to be anything.

I know it's sad but I am really ugly. Seriously EVERY SINGLE PERSON IS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN I AM.

Scroll to see replies

i highly doubt that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Original post by Anonymous
I know it's sad but I am really ugly. Seriously EVERY SINGLE PERSON IS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN I AM.

I doubt that this is true.I used to really hate how I look but I came to realise that this is how I am and I didn't choose to look the way I do so why let such a matter consume me so much if I can't do anything to change it?What I can change is to dress nice, be groomed well and have good hygiene.
Why would you think you're ugly?
You may think you are not beautiful when you compare yourself to social media/societies standards but if you're personality is good then you are definitely beautiful inside and out.And as Anonymous 2 stated beauty is in the eye of the beholder.And this is what I think, looks fade but personality doesn't. In like 50 years time you may not care about your looks at all and would be more focused in making yourself happy.And I think that when you are on your death bed you don't want to regret wasting all that time thinking about how you are not beautiful when in fact you are.

But if you feel as if you want a change then you should have a good healthy diet,exercise,self love,dress well and hygiene and take care of your health as @Anonymous1502 stated above.
Original post by tamil fever
You may think you are not beautiful when you compare yourself to social media/societies standards but if you're personality is good then you are definitely beautiful inside and out.And as Anonymous 2 stated beauty is in the eye of the beholder.And this is what I think, looks fade but personality doesn't. In like 50 years time you may not care about your looks at all and would be more focused in making yourself happy.And I think that when you are on your death bed you don't want to regret wasting all that time thinking about how you are not beautiful when in fact you are.

But if you feel as if you want a change then you should have a good healthy diet,exercise,self love,dress well and hygiene and take care of your health as @Anonymous1502 stated above.

Thanks girl.. you right x
Listen to this OP
Reply 6
Thanks everyone. I do try to just accept myself but how can I if I look sooooo bad. It stops me from doing things :frown:
My main thing at the moment is always looking tired and fatigued. Are there any good creams/scrubs I can use?

why does that mean that you can't enjoy life? You don't need other people to admire you to be happy, you don't need their approval to appreciate the trees and the sky and the sight of the stars on the ocean. Do you want to know what some old Greek guy with a beard said? "He who is richest is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature". It takes practice, but you can learn to be happy with little.Beauty in the aesthetic sense just means people will look at your face and think you have good genes, which is nice, but pretty people get depressed, and pretty people can be empty in personality. Just stop caring, get away from the mirror, and develop a sense of self- like an instrument, a language, a sport (i heard boxing is good for confidence!) Most of us will die ugly anyway. You are God's child and were made for a reason, even if it didn't feel like it. If you can't help how you look, give up on obsessing and let go so you can enjoy reality.I'm so sorry if this sounds condescending, but I felt I was in a similar position a year ago, when I lost many who I cared for, was physically hurt, and just wanted to give up and escape. If you abandon doubt, just let go, you can accept Jesus Christ, ask him to fill your heart and guide you. I prayed daily at the worst time, and (for a few months lol) let go of sin, and read scripture (love Lamentations) and then one day, I felt my soul was wiped clean. Reality became so vivid and wonderful, and I was grateful every day to be alive. Even though I was being hurt, God calmed the stormy waters within me and showed me beauty in everything. It was as vivid as being a child, undescribable, and I never thought I would believe- but to this day, when I feel downcast, I can talk to Jesus and feel washed with love, feel the spirit guiding me, and I remember how much beauty there is. I have faith in Him, and even when He gives me challenges, I will allow life and its challenges to happen because at the end of the day, He loves me and He has given me purpose.He has given you purpose too. You were created for a reason. Your cells were perfectly arranged and intelligently designed to form you as an individual, so stop trying to look for perfection, you will never have it and searching will create more pain, just let life happen and see where it leads you. You are so important. You deserve to find happiness and meaning x
I'm sure you are not ugly, but if you want some recommendations for beauty stuff (as you requested), nobody can do that without seeing a picture of you. Post a picture and I'd be happy to recommend some make up that would suit you and boost your self confidence.
Thanks everyone. I do try to just accept myself but how can I if I look sooooo bad. It stops me from doing things :frown:
My main thing at the moment is always looking tired and fatigued. Are there any good creams/scrubs I can use?

I'm certain you don't look bad, literally ever girl I know has gone through a period of hating how they look, but you grow out of that low self esteem. In terms of recommendations, here's what I use when I think I look tired-

First I apply a colour corrector under the eye. I'm fair skinned so I use a peach coloured under-eye corrector. If you're dark skinned use orange. Then I apply green colour concealer in red areas (my skin gets red and blotchy when I'm tired- I usually apply this to cheeks and on spots. When I have a cold I apply a little bit around and on the nose to make it look less red). This isn't necessary if you have darker skin. Then I use concealer- if you are a newbie to make up, I'd get professionally colour matched I love No7. I'm extra careful around the eyes and nose because those are usually the most problematic areas and because if you cake on too much people will be able to see it most easily around the eyes, nose and mouth. I then use a powder and a setting spray. If you think you look tired, go for neutral colours with WARMER undertones for the lip, but I can't recommend a colour without seeing your skin tone. Cheap mascara will make you look more tired, go for a nice mascara and don't cake it on (May I recommend Benefit?), just enough to make your eyes look wider so you look more awake. always wipe away excess mascara if it's accidently gone under or around the eye, that will always make you look tired. I do something nice or new with my hair on days when I really look tired in order to draw attention away from my face.
If you really want to look put together with the least effort there's two things you always need to have in check- make sure your brows and nails are well and regularily done. You will always look like you have ur stuff together if ur brows and nails are on pointe
When I get home I immediately take all make up off, using a simple face wash and a very very small amount of moisturiser. At nice I wear a cool eye mask (they sell them at bodyshop), these prevent dark circles.

You don't need this make up, but I personally use make up because it helps me feel confident and prepared for the day. These are only recommendations, don't feel pressured to follow any of them, I'm sure you're not ugly at all. Everyone goes through a phase of not feeling confident when they are younger, just stay away from social media and enjoy life while you're young :smile:
Reply 10
why does that mean that you can't enjoy life? You don't need other people to admire you to be happy, you don't need their approval to appreciate the trees and the sky and the sight of the stars on the ocean. Do you want to know what some old Greek guy with a beard said? "He who is richest is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature". It takes practice, but you can learn to be happy with little.Beauty in the aesthetic sense just means people will look at your face and think you have good genes, which is nice, but pretty people get depressed, and pretty people can be empty in personality. Just stop caring, get away from the mirror, and develop a sense of self- like an instrument, a language, a sport (i heard boxing is good for confidence!) Most of us will die ugly anyway. You are God's child and were made for a reason, even if it didn't feel like it. If you can't help how you look, give up on obsessing and let go so you can enjoy reality.I'm so sorry if this sounds condescending, but I felt I was in a similar position a year ago, when I lost many who I cared for, was physically hurt, and just wanted to give up and escape. If you abandon doubt, just let go, you can accept Jesus Christ, ask him to fill your heart and guide you. I prayed daily at the worst time, and (for a few months lol) let go of sin, and read scripture (love Lamentations) and then one day, I felt my soul was wiped clean. Reality became so vivid and wonderful, and I was grateful every day to be alive. Even though I was being hurt, God calmed the stormy waters within me and showed me beauty in everything. It was as vivid as being a child, undescribable, and I never thought I would believe- but to this day, when I feel downcast, I can talk to Jesus and feel washed with love, feel the spirit guiding me, and I remember how much beauty there is. I have faith in Him, and even when He gives me challenges, I will allow life and its challenges to happen because at the end of the day, He loves me and He has given me purpose.He has given you purpose too. You were created for a reason. Your cells were perfectly arranged and intelligently designed to form you as an individual, so stop trying to look for perfection, you will never have it and searching will create more pain, just let life happen and see where it leads you. You are so important. You deserve to find happiness and meaning x

Why tf did you have to make this a religious thing
There are two truths in life:
1. Ugly people do exist.
2. Ugly people can be happy.
i agree
Beauty is only skin deep. It's whats inside you that counts.

thanks for taking time out to reply :smile:
Original post by angelike1
There are two truths in life:
1. Ugly people do exist.
2. Ugly people can be happy.

Original post by alexf0086
i agree

Original post by the steed
Beauty is only skin deep. It's whats inside you that counts.

so why do pretty people enjoy life more than people like me...
so why do pretty people enjoy life more than people like me...

a lot of them dont - there are "ugly" people that enjoy life than prettier people

You probably aren’t ugly but if you are, so what? Ask yourself ‘why do I care if I am ugly?’ The answer will probably be because it makes you feel unwanted or that makes you unsuccessful.

Being ugly won’t stop you from having a enjoyable life. A lot of people who aren’t conventional attractive are very happy and doing what they want.

A lot of pretty people aren’t enjoying life as you seem to think. Some of them spend all day trying to take a perfect picture for their Instagram to get likes from total strangers. That sounds pretty sad to me.

If you want to enjoy life, you have to get out and actually see the world. Your appearance isn’t holding you back. Your can’t have mentality is.
Reply 18
Nobody I've ever met has ever been ugly, and I work in customer service and meet over a hundred people a day.
When you're younger and before you have a lot of life experience (I'm 22, honestly doesnt take much) what people look like matters less and less and what begins to matter more is how they connect with you and their character.
And I'm not being sappy here, I could meet the most stunning person on earth but if they don't have that personality click with me I'm not interested.
But people aren't going to click with you if you're not confident. I'm confident in my sense of humour, my honesty and my ability to perfectly apply lipstick rather than how I look (and I look like **** most of the time) and I can confidently say I'm a likeable person and I like me too.

And be kinder to yourself, I want you to write down something you love about yourself every day and read through it when you're sad.
Reply 19
I'm sure you are not ugly, but if you want some recommendations for beauty stuff (as you requested), nobody can do that without seeing a picture of you. Post a picture and I'd be happy to recommend some make up that would suit you and boost your self confidence.

How tf do you know its a female and not a male....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending