The Student Room Group

2019 C1 C2 Retakes

Hi,I'm in my final year of A-levels and currently in the middle of taking all my exams as well as my AS retakes for C1 and C2. The new spec has arrived and I have heard this is the last year to retake C1 and C2, however, is it possible that they will have ANOTHER chance to retake C1 C2 in 2019 for OCR (or any other exam boards)? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Appcidy
Hi,I'm in my final year of A-levels and currently in the middle of taking all my exams as well as my AS retakes for C1 and C2. The new spec has arrived and I have heard this is the last year to retake C1 and C2, however, is it possible that they will have ANOTHER chance to retake C1 C2 in 2019 for OCR (or any other exam boards)? Thanks :smile:

Yes, the last resit opportunity is in June 2019. See www.ocr.org.uk/administration/stage-2-entries/final-entry-rules/legacy-gce-entry-rules/
Reply 2
Original post by Prasiortle

Thank you very much!!!
anyone else doing c1 next Wednesday, if so, worried?

the only issue I can see is that the grade boundaries will be very high as it's only retakes sitting the exam also Edexcel will need to find a way of making a "little harder than gcse" paper difficult for A-Level students :redface:
Resitting c1 on Wednesday Ocr, supposed to be the easiest but I can't see that happening. need high scoring ums for this paper.
any advice for c1 and c2?
Grade boundaries will not be "very high". They will be as normal, and the paper will be of normal difficulty. It is irrelevant who the cohort are. As evidenced by last summer's A Level papers (new spec) that were only taken by Further Maths students and yet the grade boundaries were low (63% for A grade).
Original post by Virolite
anyone else doing c1 next Wednesday, if so, worried?

the only issue I can see is that the grade boundaries will be very high as it's only retakes sitting the exam also Edexcel will need to find a way of making a "little harder than gcse" paper difficult for A-Level students :redface:
I disagree mate. you simply can't compare the difficulty of further and c1, if Wednesday's paper is anything like last few years it will be a walk in the park for us retake students which means the normal distribution curves going to be skewed. I just don't see how Edexcel will allow that
Original post by acewoking
Grade boundaries will not be "very high". They will be as normal, and the paper will be of normal difficulty. It is irrelevant who the cohort are. As evidenced by last summer's A Level papers (new spec) that were only taken by Further Maths students and yet the grade boundaries were low (63% for A grade).
are you retaking as well btw?
Original post by acewoking
I'm not sure about the normal boundaries. I saw the C2 boundary for edexcel last year was 69 for an A. It might be tough.
can't lie bro that exam was ridiculously easy compared to other c2 papers, but the abundance of retakes probably didn't help either.
Original post by lm1234543212
I'm not sure about the normal boundaries. I saw the C2 boundary for edexcel last year was 69 for an A. It might be tough.
with respect to that and how easy c1 is as a module, 70 for an A tomorrow wouldn't be unreasonable. :frown:
Reply 12
I Did all the past papers for the aqa spec,questions by topic and workbook. Very prepared, but I better not get overconfident. Just stay focus and get the job done
how did people find Ocr c1 today?
Didn't realise last question required differentiation. Did anyone get it?
yeah, what answer did you get for 10(ii)?
what did you get for the the transforming graph question y=f(X) to y=g(X), (x=-a)? (something like that)
I got 4 pi
Original post by lifesab*tch
yeah, what answer did you get for 10(ii)?
Original post by meistlord99
I got 4 pi

Yeah same i didnt use differentiation though
Did u use trial and error or find like an inequality then?
Original post by TeamMuscleWat
Yeah same i didnt use differentiation though

Quick Reply

Latest