The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Maths Paper 1 and 2 8MA0 - 15th/22nd May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

I did! The only way I found to revise properly was to print out past exam papers and do them under timed conditions. When I'd finished, I would mark them and then copy up a 100% correct set into a duplicate copy of the paper. I did that for both As Maths and Further maths and I got A* in Maths and A in Further maths overall despite only a B (now called a 6) at GCSE.

It just takes practice, eventually you get used to the methods and formulae...

Original post by Rudav123
Anyone else taking it?
How have you prepared?
How do you feel?
Reply 21
Original post by AndreaBligh1998
I did! The only way I found to revise properly was to print out past exam papers and do them under timed conditions. When I'd finished, I would mark them and then copy up a 100% correct set into a duplicate copy of the paper. I did that for both As Maths and Further maths and I got A* in Maths and A in Further maths overall despite only a B (now called a 6) at GCSE.

It just takes practice, eventually you get used to the methods and formulae...

Thanks so much very helpful, well done with your results!
Thanks :smile: Wishing you luck and all the best with your A-Levels.
Thanks so much very helpful, well done with your results!
Reply 23
Two weeks tomorrow and definitely scared and stressed and not ready!
Reply 24
Two weeks tomorrow and definitely scared and stressed and not ready!

omd lets talk...where do you live? I'm so stressed with vectors wth is the division of a line segment????
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by hd...
omd lets talk...where do you live? I'm so stressed with vectors wth is the division of a line segment????

God no idea
Reply 26
God no idea

what grade are you aiming for? I'm literally struggling so much with vectors. are you struggling with it and what is the topic you're struggling with the most?
Reply 27
Original post by hd...
what grade are you aiming for? I'm literally struggling so much with vectors. are you struggling with it and what is the topic you're struggling with the most?

Chapter 10s (pure) probably my worst i just can’t get the hang of it and a C or above I’d be surprised with tbh, you?
Reply 28
Chapter 10s (pure) probably my worst i just can’t get the hang of it and a C or above I’d be surprised with tbh, you?

Idk because I got a 7 in gcse and C/B I would be happy with. But at A level this will definitely change to like an A or A* loool.
Reply 29

really I find chapter 10 calm. vectors is a struggle for me so far and a bit of chapter 6 circles
Reply 30
Original post by hd...
really I find chapter 10 calm. vectors is a struggle for me so far and a bit of chapter 6 circles

Aaa I’m relatively okay with circles and vectors, I got an 8 at gcse but I’ve struggled quite a lot this year so just hoping and trying my best.
Reply 31
Aaa I’m relatively okay with circles and vectors, I got an 8 at gcse but I’ve struggled quite a lot this year so just hoping and trying my best.

same just trying my best. I hope this year the exams are calm.
Here's our article on everything you need to know on tomorrow's exam!

@Deliciate you are quoted.

Good luck :smile:
Isn't the next AS FM paper (paper 2) on 16th not 15th May 2019?
Original post by candokoala
Here's our article on everything you need to know on tomorrow's exam!

@Deliciate you are quoted.

Good luck :smile:
This isn't Further Maths, it's Pearson Edexcel AS Mathematics Paper 1: Pure Mathematics
Original post by FirstAstroRook
Isn't the next AS FM paper (paper 2) on 16th not 15th May 2019?
Enjoy...I wish you luck, think of us who are doing FM on 16th :smile:
Original post by candokoala
This isn't Further Maths, it's Pearson Edexcel AS Mathematics Paper 1: Pure Mathematics
I'm so scared! I really want to do well, got an 8 at GCSE but this year has been tough for me. I've done around 15 papers, all the AS pure ones I could find and have been getting better but I feel like something is going to trip me up tomorrow. so im unsure what to revise right now.
Reply 37
has anyone done the specimen paper? and is it hard, no spoilers tho in doing it as a mock tonight
specimen 2018? I have just done it and it's a nice paper. but I'm stuck on q5.b and 12.b so if you do it later and maybe tell me if you could do it?
Original post by √-1
has anyone done the specimen paper? and is it hard, no spoilers tho in doing it as a mock tonight
I did my AS Maths exams in 2005. I will be thinking of you all and wishing you all the luck in the world. I stopped doing maths after sixth form and I'm not sure I could even pass GCSE Maths anymore :colondollar:
Original post by FirstAstroRook
Enjoy...I wish you luck, think of us who are doing FM on 16th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending