The Student Room Group

Social Work Postgraduates 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It’s based on scores from a written test, I got 17/20 so got a conditional! I’m sure there’s still plenty time for you to get the written test etc, Stirling don’t start postgrad until January! I find out tomorrow what my classification for my undergraduate degree is I’m so nervous, I’ll know what university I’m going for postgraduate!
Original post by robynlbx
Awww fab thanks! I hope it’s based on scores then! Are people hearing back from Stirling yet?
Well done! What kind of questions did you get in the test? Can you do mock tests anywhere? Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow! I got a first so hoping that’ll give me a good chance. Where’s your first choice?
Original post by LN1995x
It’s based on scores from a written test, I got 17/20 so got a conditional! I’m sure there’s still plenty time for you to get the written test etc, Stirling don’t start postgrad until January! I find out tomorrow what my classification for my undergraduate degree is I’m so nervous, I’ll know what university I’m going for postgraduate!
Reply 22
Hello!

I applied for strathclyde, edinburgh and stirling. I have an unconditional for edinburgh, and have to submit a written task for stirling for next week. I got rejected from strathclyde as I applied too late and the course was too full :frown: (was holding off to see how my final undergrad exams went).

I'm just really confused about the bursary and funding, do SAAS fund most of the postgrad/masters and you have to pay the rest yourself, also is everyone not entitled to the social work bursary??

Thanks x
Reply 23
The money comes from the sssc. Lecturers nominate you for bursaries and this I believe varies at each university. Some universities have a more generous bursary package than others. Not all students get nominated for a bursary. I believe at UWS it’s first come first served. I think Strathclyde are the same as they will say when full whereas other universities will still offer place. UWS have contacted nominated students for bursary . The amount of students receiving bursaries depends on how much is being made available by sssc for that year. And they don’t know this til April , at new tax year .
What you get. Part of your fees paid , a maintenance grant of up to 4,500 but it is means tested.
There are other grants available to single parents. You have to be nominated for a bursary to get any funding .
Hope this helps
Original post by megsmor
Hello!

I applied for strathclyde, edinburgh and stirling. I have an unconditional for edinburgh, and have to submit a written task for stirling for next week. I got rejected from strathclyde as I applied too late and the course was too full :frown: (was holding off to see how my final undergrad exams went).

I'm just really confused about the bursary and funding, do SAAS fund most of the postgrad/masters and you have to pay the rest yourself, also is everyone not entitled to the social work bursary??

Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending