The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Occupational Therapy at UWE Sept 2019

Hey!

I’ve accepted a place at UWE for occupational therapy 2019.

I thought I’d make a group to see if I can find others on the course! 🙂

Harriet x

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for doing this Harriet!

I'll also be heading to UWE to study OT in September. xx
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey That’s awesome! Nice to virtually meet you! ☺️ xx
Hopefully I'll get to meet you come September! xx

Good luck with your exams
Original post by Harriet2017
Hey That’s awesome! Nice to virtually meet you! ☺️ xx
Reply 4
Yes definitely! 🙂
Thank you, though I’m actually on a gap year currently. Finished a health and social diploma last year! Are you doing a levels at the moment?
Xx
I’m an international student so I’ve been out of school since December last year xx
Reply 6
Oh- similar to me then! School is finished 🙂 Xx
i’m an international student and uwe is my insurance for ot :smile:
Hi Harriet,I have also accepted a place at UWE to do OT in September! I've been searching on here to try and find someone else who is! What accommodation have you got/are you hoping to get ?
Reply 9
Hi @bondies2000 !! Awesome! It’s great to have found you as I couldn’t find anyone at the beginning aha! I have applied for Glenside as first choice but haven’t heard back yet although I believe some are receiving offers this week! What accommodation are you hoping to stay in? 🙂
@jasxjasmine Hey! We may meet or may not then! May I ask which uni you chose as your firm choice? 🙂
I've applied for Student Village accommodation as I've been told it's where most of the hustle and bustle is. I hope I haven't made a silly choice because of the commute.
Hi @bondies2000 !! Awesome! It’s great to have found you as I couldn’t find anyone at the beginning aha! I have applied for Glenside as first choice but haven’t heard back yet although I believe some are receiving offers this week! What accommodation are you hoping to stay in? 🙂

Yeah I have applied for Glenside as my first too. I was considering Frenchay as my first because it does look nicer and has ensuite etc, but I think living on campus has so many benefits. We won't have to rely on public transport to get to lectures (could be a nightmare for 9ams) and also more likely to meet people from our course and other healthcare courses. Fingers crossed!
Are you doing OT @chantsdp ? Student village isn’t very far away at all is it? Im sure you haven’t made a wrong decision, I saw a couple nursing students on Facebook say they chose Frenchay over Glenside for the same reason!
I am! Cannot wait.
Are you doing OT @chantsdp ? Student village isn’t very far away at all is it? Im sure you haven’t made a wrong decision, I saw a couple nursing students on Facebook say they chose Frenchay over Glenside for the same reason!
Original post by bondies2000
Yeah I have applied for Glenside as my first too. I was considering Frenchay as my first because it does look nicer and has ensuite etc, but I think living on campus has so many benefits. We won't have to rely on public transport to get to lectures (could be a nightmare for 9ams) and also more likely to meet people from our course and other healthcare courses. Fingers crossed!

Yes I totally agree with what you’ve said! I would’ve liked an en suite like you but then again in second year we move out and will most likely have to share a bathroom in a house. Also i think I’ll like to be surrounded by people doing healthcare courses! 🤗 Yeah, sleep longer less travel! May I ask where your coming from? I’m near Taunton, Somerset. 😃
Ahh that's not too far from home then. I'm actually from Newcastle, so Bristol is so far from home for me, but I didnt get into my first choice uni (Sheffield Hallam). I'm Kirsty by the way!
Yes I totally agree with what you’ve said! I would’ve liked an en suite like you but then again in second year we move out and will most likely have to share a bathroom in a house. Also i think I’ll like to be surrounded by people doing healthcare courses! 🤗 Yeah, sleep longer less travel! May I ask where your coming from? I’m near Taunton, Somerset. 😃
Hi, i'm doing radiography rather than occupational therapy. I have been given accommodation at Beech House Glenside, was wondering if anyone else has been put there? :smile: I got my accommodation offer through this morning!
Hi Lauren,

Awesome! I also got my accommodation email this morning too but I’m in another house! I’m in a Glenside group chat in Facebook, if you pm me your name I can add you! There are a few in beech house! X
Reply 19
My daughter is called Hollie Skillings, she is in your room. Please could you add her in the Facebook group chat? She is doing diagnostic radiography and has been looking to a chat
Hi Lauren,

Awesome! I also got my accommodation email this morning too but I’m in another house! I’m in a Glenside group chat in Facebook, if you pm me your name I can add you! There are a few in beech house! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending