The Student Room Group

Student finance with retired parent

Hello, I am wondering how I can go about applying for a means tested lone when I come from a single parent family and that parent is retired and receiving their pension from a foreign country? Is the process any different?
Reply 1
Any help?
Hi,

You would apply online as normal and input your parents details. If it's for the 19/20 academic year we will need your parent to provide their income details from the tax year 17/18 or the equivalent from the country they reside in.

Has there been a drop in income from 17/18 to now?

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi,

You would apply online as normal and input your parents details. If it's for the 19/20 academic year we will need your parent to provide their income details from the tax year 17/18 or the equivalent from the country they reside in.

Has there been a drop in income from 17/18 to now?

Thanks, Chanel

Nope my parent has been retired for years. They reside in the UK but receive a pension from a different country.
Hi there,

They would need to provide us with their income from the pension they get. This needs to be submitted either online or on a paper PFF2.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 5
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

They would need to provide us with their income from the pension they get. This needs to be submitted either online or on a paper PFF2.

Thanks, Erin

Will I be able to amend my application after the deadline? I probably won't be able to get the information in time as such will send off an application for a non-means tested loan today
Hello,

Yes you can amend your application to income assessed at a later date.

We have a webpage with all the required forms here - http://ow.ly/tT6J30lZMr9

Warm Regards, Dean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending