The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone get the line question where it asked for 75 volts = 1.85
Reply 41
What did everyone get for the enzyme A or B question for the pancreatic cancer
For how to make the photo synthesis one more valid I put use Gad syringe matead and get someone else to repeat the experiment and check if results are similar. Is this right
For the monoclonal antibodies one I thought it was about how they can bind to a toxic or radioactive substance and can then be inserted without damaging other body cells so just cause harm to the tumour? Idk
said something like ir has to destory both enzymesbefore it can stop cell division
Original post by Mxro30
What did everyone get for the enzyme A or B question for the pancreatic cancer
did you mistype into your calculator? how did you get 680?? :/
Original post by Unknown3920038
How did you get 400? I got 680 or something like that I did the thing in mm x 1000 to get it in micro m then I did image size divide by the real size
I think it was to do with osmosis and how as people with diabetes are unable to control their blood sugar levels they had higher concentration of sugar (so lower concentration of water in the blood than in the cells). Therefore, the water moves from a high to a low concentration through the cell’s partially permeable membrane.
Original post by JaiBurnett
what was the diabetes/ water body cell answer ??
How many marks do people think they got
I think this exam was good. There were no 6 mark required practicals, and most of it was just knowledge, barely any applying
monoclonal antibodies are produced from one b-lymphocyte that produces antibodies specific to the cancer cell
this make the monoclonal antibodies also specific to the cancer cell
these then bind to the cancer cell and alert other white blood cells to destroy the cell
Original post by Erevising45
What did everyone put for the monoclonal antibody question? I think I put something about how antibodies bind to molecules in the blood so they can be detected and destroyed.
Original post by JaiBurnett
what was the diabetes/ water body cell answer ??

Apparently it was to do with osmosis. I have no idea though.
Reply 51
I got 320 for magnification qiestion
What question was this
Original post by yay2202
10 cos 2 sf right?
Reply 53
********. Every single q was a fxcking practical. Everything I revised for never came up, exaggerating but still smh.. load of shxt if you ask me, triple was easier apparently
Reply 54
Diabetes and water loss question was regarding the osmosis required practical I believe.
The exam was relatively ok, kinda makes me worry that the grade boundaries are going to be really high though...
Did anyone else put platelets for the blood clot question ?
Original post by Rebekah2811
How many marks do people think they got
Reply 57
wtf was the cube sh*t with diffusion? All i did was calculate surface area and volume for each cube and wrote everything i knew about diffusion
Yes that is right
Yeah I did
Original post by Chloe1234566
Did anyone else put platelets for the blood clot question ?

Latest

Trending

Trending