The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the cells already have a high concentration of dissolved sugars in them so it cannot absorb more water via osmosis hence it loses water
Original post by ShyB
Apparently it was to do with osmosis. I have no idea though.
The rate of something i already cant remmebr
Original post by Mohammed249
What question was this

Still have paper 2 it cld b unbelievably hard
Original post by Violet201
The exam was relatively ok, kinda makes me worry that the grade boundaries are going to be really high though...
Original post by Erevising45
I think it was to do with osmosis and how as people with diabetes are unable to control their blood sugar levels they had higher concentration of sugar (so lower concentration of water in the blood than in the cells). Therefore, the water moves from a high to a low concentration through the cell’s partially permeable membrane.

Same. I was initially thrown off because glucose was lost via piss, so I thought concentration would be lower
Original post by Kaiix
********. Every single q was a fxcking practical. Everything I revised for never came up, exaggerating but still smh.. load of shxt if you ask me, triple was easier apparently

lol i fuxk knew it my teacher told us that they will put LOADS of practicals so we revise only those
Original post by Elsmok
wtf was the cube sh*t with diffusion? All i did was calculate surface area and volume for each cube and wrote everything i knew about diffusion

it was sa to v ratio B1 gas exchange
Original post by Char2109
some of my maths ones were 400 for the microscope one, 3.3, 91 and 10.4

it was two significant figures
Reply 65
Yo guys i ****ed up so its okay lets bring down the grade boundaries 😛
Reply 66
I swear the magnification one was 4000, had to change cm to mm? 24/0.006?
I am actually really positive about the exam. Everything I revised was on the paper, so I was happy with that. The only thing I didnt revise was the last questions on nitrate absorption in plants.
i said yellow
Original post by Thattestwsseasy
Benedicts test for glucose gos brick red
Reply 69
Original post by sqrt of 5
lol i fuxk knew it my teacher told us that they will put LOADS of practicals so we revise only those

it was sa to v ratio B1 gas exchange

will i have gotten any marks for what i did do u think?
The paper was alright. What did everyone get for the cube question.
I calculated the volume and surface area
Original post by maxdymond
I swear the magnification one was 4000, had to change cm to mm? 24/0.006?

it was 0.06
Yeaa diabetes means there is high blood sugar level meaning high conc of sugar in the blood therefore there is less conc of water in the blood in comparison to the water in the cells so the water from the cells move out of the cell into the blood by osmosis through the cells semi permeable membrane
Original post by ShyB
Apparently it was to do with osmosis. I have no idea though.
Original post by Elsmok
will i have gotten any marks for what i did do u think?

that is exactly what you had to write about xD
Thinks I messed up the monoclonal antibodies one as I did not know they bonded to radioactive material but awww well.
I was writing that when the examiner said stop writing. But I carried on anyway.😂
Original post by Erevising45
I think it was to do with osmosis and how as people with diabetes are unable to control their blood sugar levels they had higher concentration of sugar (so lower concentration of water in the blood than in the cells). Therefore, the water moves from a high to a low concentration through the cell’s partially permeable membrane.
I put the same
Original post by Shadowkillz98410
For how to make the photo synthesis one more valid I put use Gad syringe matead and get someone else to repeat the experiment and check if results are similar. Is this right
What answers did people get for the fish gills question and low concentration of oxygen in water
Original post by MUY BONITA
The paper was alright. What did everyone get for the cube question.
I calculated the volume and surface area

yep i think everyone did

@Evil Homer i think we can use this as a mark scheme
I think I got about 67 marks what grade do you think that’ll be

Latest

Trending

Trending