The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yhh if we can get it like last years with the questions on it too :wink:
Reply 2
Question One - Work our specific charge of Duetirium 1.6 x 10^-19 / 2x 1.674 x 10^-27

= 4.78 x 10^7
Reply 3
Tritium cannot go through alpha decay - due to baryon number conservation
Beta decay forms helium -3 so beta decay is the right answer
Reply 4
It said that an isotope is formed and both alpha and beta decay affect proton number, so must be electron collision.
Original post by LivanC21
Tritium cannot go through alpha decay - due to baryon number conservation
Beta decay forms helium -3 so beta decay is the right answer or whatever the third option was.
Reply 5
Original post by detdom
It said that an isotope is formed and both alpha and beta decay affect proton number, so must be electron collision.

No I think you misread the question. I believe it was asking for a decay which will produce another element. Only beta minus decay is possible.
Original post by aqaboy
No I think you misread the question. I believe it was asking for a decay which will produce another element. Only beta minus decay is possible.

yeah you are correct also it was a 3 marker so the better answer would be to say why electron collision isnt possible as it would form a atom with zero protons which is not possible so beta decay is right
anyone else find that super easy the only question i messed up on was the resistance question as i used 2 into emf thinking it was 2 cells instead of one battery and that messed me up but everything else was pretty fine
what did everyone get for the energy stored as elastic strain energy and if you could reach 50m
i said you couldnt because mgh for 50m is higher than the elastic strain energy at the begining so you cant have energy created
yeah I got the same
Original post by shivthakur
what did everyone get for the energy stored as elastic strain energy and if you could reach 50m
i said you couldnt because mgh for 50m is higher than the elastic strain energy at the begining so you cant have energy created
What did you guys get for the resistance question, the one with the LED and the graph?
****ed it i got like 50 ohms
Original post by angad1102
What did you guys get for the resistance question, the one with the LED and the graph?
I got something in the 300 s can remember exact number
Original post by Chelsea Kaye
****ed it i got like 50 ohms
is this the same angad from desc
Original post by angad1102
yes boss
Reply 15
I also got Around 50
Original post by arothman101
I got something in the 300 s can remember exact number
Reply 16

Had the exact same answer
Reply 17
So the emf was 7.4V therefore that is applied to each branch . Take away the 2.2v leaving 5.2 through the resistor , you had it’s current 15x10^-3 so to get r you divided v by the current . Anyone get the same ?

Had the exact same answer
Reply 18
What was the 6 mark question on?
Original post by wordisc
What was the 6 mark question on?

On core cladding and modal dispersion and how to avoid it.

Latest

Trending

Trending