The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Maths Paper 1 and 2 8MA0 - 15th/22nd May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mercytoro
I'm so scared! I really want to do well, got an 8 at GCSE but this year has been tough for me. I've done around 15 papers, all the AS pure ones I could find and have been getting better but I feel like something is going to trip me up tomorrow. so im unsure what to revise right now.

we're doing the same exam, how are you finding it?
specimen 2018? I have just done it and it's a nice paper. but I'm stuck on q5.b and 12.b so if you do it later and maybe tell me if you could do it?
I mean, I think its alright but then I bet I will walk in tomorrow and just forget everything. how about you? have you done the spec paper?
Original post by hd...
we're doing the same exam, how are you finding it?
Could you send the question?
specimen 2018? I have just done it and it's a nice paper. but I'm stuck on q5.b and 12.b so if you do it later and maybe tell me if you could do it?
stressed asf
definitely not sleeping well tonight
Reply 44
Original post by PureHeroine
stressed asf

I mean, I think its alright but then I bet I will walk in tomorrow and just forget everything. how about you? have you done the spec paper?

ITS ALRIGHT? yep you are getting full marks...
Reply 45
loool sameee
Original post by PureHeroine
stressed asf
Original post by hd...
loool sameee

I got 7 hours to make a difference if i can stay awake 😂 hopefully stats and mechanics goes better.
Original post by hd...
ITS ALRIGHT? yep you are getting full marks...

If I got a B I would actually cry of happiness, I didn't do it timed though so aghhhh.
my teacher has just sent me the mark scheme so I've got it now but thanks :smile:
Original post by itskxmil
Could you send the question?
Anyone know the edexcel as maths paper for tomorrow?
Only the people who made it would know...:smile:

Original post by jiaptrick
Anyone know the edexcel as maths paper for tomorrow?
Anyone got any advice for proofs? I get everything but proofs..
Original post by SDT021402
Anyone got any advice for proofs? I get everything but proofs..

It's pretty hard to explain how to do a proof because it always depends on the scenario. In basic terms you should just model any scenario they give you in terms of x.
Cheers. Also😂, how do you tell which way the <,> sign faces when they give you a graph question
Original post by itskxmil
It's pretty hard to explain how to do a proof because it always depends on the scenario. In basic terms you should just model any scenario they give you in terms of x.
What are your opinions on the exam today?
Did well I think managed to answer every question but the last one. Anyone remember what they wrote down for your answers in some questions?. For the triangle question for the side did anyone else get 60-something
Original post by Albertikoke
I don’t know If I’m being stupid, but it was different to the normal papers, it wasn’t impossible but definitely harder than the 2018 one.
Original post by Albertikoke

Felt very good.
I agree
Original post by locomocoa
I don’t know If I’m being stupid, but it was different to the normal papers, it wasn’t impossible but definitely harder than the 2018 one.
The exam was comme ci comme ca

Quick Reply