The Student Room Group

English Lit Paper 1

Any ideas and predictions for english lit questions tomorrow?

Im doing Macbeth and ACC- really hoping Lady Macbeth or kingship are asked.

Scroll to see replies

I’m doing Macbeth to my teacher thinks it’ll be gender, kingship, guilt or deception. Hope it goes well for you xx
Original post by -amber
Any ideas and predictions for english lit questions tomorrow?

Im doing Macbeth and ACC- really hoping Lady Macbeth or kingship are asked.
Reply 2
Ah they’re good themes, lots to say :smile:

I hope they don’t zoom in on particular characters like last year, Banquo was so hard to write about in regards to the supernatural in the mocks lol). If it’s Macduff, im so screwed haha.

Good luck too! xx
Original post by Lottie_28
I’m doing Macbeth to my teacher thinks it’ll be gender, kingship, guilt or deception. Hope it goes well for you xx
Original post by -amber
Ah they’re good themes, lots to say :smile:

I hope they don’t zoom in on particular characters like last year, Banquo was so hard to write about in regards to the supernatural in the mocks lol). If it’s Macduff, im so screwed haha.

Good luck too! xx

Honestly if it’s any character other than Macbeth and Lady Macbeth I’m pretty screwed so I’ll just be over here praying it’s a theme😬😂 x
most likely kingship for macbeth allowing you to refer to inferiorty of macbeth as a king indicated by the pragamatic decomposition of his mind ect.. I hope we get the banquet scene as that would be noice
Ooh yes that would be a good extract as well we’d be able to compare him to Duncan and get in some good context I think x
Original post by farishaqqq
most likely kingship for macbeth allowing you to refer to inferiorty of macbeth as a king indicated by the pragamatic decomposition of his mind ect.. I hope we get the banquet scene as that would be noice
Reply 6
defo, the exploration of binary opposition between duncan and macbeth is rly good to write about, and you can always refer back Great Chain of being/Divine right of kings when all else fails lol :P
Reply 7
It's Literature paper 1 that's tomorrow and that's Prose/Poetry
Reply 8
If you think it's poetry tomorrow then good luck. your gonna need it
Reply 9
Wait what?? The timetable for IGCSE says paper 1
Original post by Fartboy
If you think it's poetry tomorrow then good luck. your gonna need it
What exam board are you? This is AQA so tomorrow we have Shakespeare and 19th century novel x
Original post by Eric688
It's Literature paper 1 that's tomorrow and that's Prose/Poetry
Reply 11
I just checked it
Reply 12
Macbeth I think could be about gender and ACC maybe about Scrooge’s redemption
Reply 13
Oh I'm IGCSE that's why
What exam board are you? This is AQA so tomorrow we have Shakespeare and 19th century novel x
Reply 14
Could you guys let me know what came for Macbeth then?
Good luck with your poetry/ prose then I hope it goes well x
Original post by Eric688
Oh I'm IGCSE that's why
Reply 16
i hope the question is on macbeths ambition or witches XD
what quotes are really good for deception/guilt/kingship guys??
Reply 18
Thanks. Same with your Shakespeare and 19th century novel paper.
Good luck with your poetry/ prose then I hope it goes well x
Can you go into some more detail. I would have nooo clue on what to write. What quotes would you use? And how many paragraphs do you think is reasonable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending