The Student Room Group

English Literature 1 help

Does anyone have any predictions and revision tips for the English paper tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

what play and novel you are doing???
Original post by daeho14
Does anyone have any predictions and revision tips for the English paper tomorrow?
Original post by daeho14

+1 - doing Macbeth and Jekyll + Hyde
Original post by georgebarlowr
+1 - doing Macbeth and Jekyll + Hyde

yep me too some people are saying about macbeth on gender and power and jekyll and hyde on curiosity and appearances
Reply 4
Original post by arieslover

I’m doing Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde
yep me too but same thing i said earlier about gender and power on macbeth but appearances and curiosity in J&H...i hope it is about lady macbeth on the her ways of manipulation, femininity and power maybe inner conflict
Original post by daeho14
I’m doing Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde
does anyone know where I can find the Eng Lit past papers for WJEC. I looked on their site but none have the books that im taught (Macbeth, Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde)
Reply 7
I feel macbeth will be on about masculinity which links to gender.
can someone pls tell me if this is an ok paragraph on how ambition is portrayed. In the play Macbeth, Shakespeare presents ambition as a form of corruption through its consequences. The use of contrast in the character Macbeth emphasises the destruction it can cause. This is highlighted in 'For brave Macbeth, well he deserved that name' portraying Macbeths honour and dignity to be his dominant features towards the start of the play. The adjective 'brave' highlights Macbeths high status and respect which is also discussed through other characters description of Macbeth as 'noble' and ‘valiant’. However, the use of the past tense ‘deserved' foreshadows that this attribute will be lost. In contrast, by the end of the play Macbeths corrupted mindset is dramatically portrayed through, ‘o full of scorpions is mind dear wife.' The extremely horrific animalistic imagery suggests that Macbeth no longer obtains the endeavouring qualities that he portrayed at the start of the play and has a fragmented confused mindset. This is further shown in ‘is this a dagger which I see before me? The handle toward my hand. Come let me clutch thee.’ Shakespeare uses multiple caesura to show Macbeths fragmented mind. Furthermore, the rhetorical question used in his dialogue suggests that he is hallucinating and therefore portraying Macbeths loss of control and the alliteration of the letter ‘C’ highlights Macbeths own disgust at his actions. Therefore, the use of contrast between Macbeths character highlights the effect of ambition in the play.
Original post by ZOE2300
Reply 9
Has ambition been used in an exam before though??
yes last year i think

Original post by ZOE2300
Has ambition been used in an exam before though??
Reply 11
anyone got romeo and juliet and a christmas carol?
just tryna practicee exam style questions

Original post by wossddsdfdfe
yes last year i think
Reply 13
Original post by wossddsdfdfe
yes last year i think

I mean that paragraph does sound very good- but if last years exam was about ambition it will obviously not come up this year- but you should get high marks if you write your paragraphs like that
ive got a christmas carol

Original post by beulgi
anyone got romeo and juliet and a christmas carol?
Doers anyone do much ado about nothing or frankenstein?
Reply 16
Me too
What have you revised?
Original post by arieslover

Anyone got any for Romeo & Juliet and Frankenstein?
hopefully
Original post by ZOE2300

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending