The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The foundation 6 marker felt strangely too easy??
Original post by AndreaX
It said a line of best fit which usually means one straight line going through as many points as possible. But it was a curved graph... confusing

A line of best fit just means a line that fits through most of your points and you knew there was no anomalous points looking at the raw data so lines can definitely be curved maths and science
I put keep the bulb same distance from the experiment and also leave the pondweed to acclimatise for 5 mins, am I screwed lmao
Original post by Siona-29
I put the gas syringe and put a beaker in between the lamp and pondweed to stop the heat from the lamp effecting the rate of photosynthesis.
Original post by Al al
Starts off straight as direct propoetionality goes through 0 and should curve and then be flat

it should not go through 0 as we have no data regarding the point (0,0) you are not supposed to extrapolate graphs as we have no data for it i think they mark you down for extrapolation or maybe not all i know your not supposed to extrapolate
I talked about how it was uncontrolled cell division of the pancreatic cells, which secrete carbohydrase which means the food molecules are digested at a quicker rate, thus meaning there is less glucose (as carbohydrase is broken down into glucose and sugars, which means less availability of energy, so more storage of fat is used to provide the energy for aerobic respiration, thus resulting in increased weight loss.
Original post by Elizabeth.m
So I said that because the pancreas secretes all needed enzymes for digestion, its a vital part of the digestive system. If the pancreas is unable to produce the enzymes which break up the food into smaller pieces and allow for absorption of nutrients, then the person won't be able to absorb the needed nutrients for maintaining a healthy weight because rather than being absorbed the the nutrients would simply be excreted. So with no nutrients absorbed the person looses weight.
the paper was leaked??
Original post by jeriu
rip, u shoulda just got the leaked paper from mohamed
Reply 1186
Original post by Maxtyree
it should not go through 0 as we have no data regarding the point (0,0) you are not supposed to extrapolate graphs as we have no data for it i think they mark you down for extrapolation or maybe not all i know your not supposed to extrapolate

Standard for light
If it was leaked, do we have to resit the exam? Talk about a waste of 1hr 45 minutes.
I wrote, use sodium hydrogen carbonate as this releases co2 which is needed for photosynthesis, and use an LED as they do not emit as much light as lamp. temperature can affect the reaction. I'm sure this was right as it was from the revision guide. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Shadowkillz98410
For how to make the photo synthesis one more valid I put use Gad syringe matead and get someone else to repeat the experiment and check if results are similar. Is this right
Original post by N_Jarkas
the paper was leaked??

the higher tier paper was leaked, for paper 1, the 1 we did today?!!!!!!!
that must mean we all have to resit the exams I think, on the 26th June, if that's the case, the exam board already have spare papers ready for any incident like this, or the ppl who cheated may face disqualification, if found, it should be reported to Ofqual, apparently, don't want those retards to mess up my grades for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Cheeky osmosis question

Original post by Char2109
Wasn’t a fan of the diabetes question
I saw on another post about this that apparently a maths paper last year was leaked and nobody had to resit it so I don't think so?? I guess it could depend :\\\
Original post by Anthos
If it was leaked, do we have to resit the exam? Talk about a waste of 1hr 45 minutes.
ADDRESSING THE “LEAK”

Update: guys please don’t worry. Schools are uploading these to students, but only AFTER the exam has been sat. No future papers get released, and as far as I know this is not against the regulations. If it is, it is not students fault. I am still researching further, feel free to PM me for further details.
It's because oxygen exchanges in the gills through diffusion, and it can only go down the concentration gradient - NOT AGAINST (that is active transport) and so little amounts of oxygen will enter, causing slower rate of respiration
Original post by angry ape.30
what did you put? I said they had less oxygen so less respiration- less energy produced- cannot function
I thought maybe because stem cells in adults are used for repairing tissues/damaged cells etc. But I honestly have no idea so you could be right
Original post by Elizabeth.m
I put that at first too but then I thought its wrong because stem cells are the undifferentiated cells, and the new gills would be formed through mitosis because it's an animal and stem cells don't differentiate their whole lifetime in animals. So basically I ended up putting parent cells cause thats what mitosis starts with
Original post by The Stdudent
the higher tier paper was leaked, for paper 1, the 1 we did today?!!!!!!!

No way dude, where!? who leaked it and how
Original post by Sophie_gatenby
Yeah I think I did this

it was 24mm/0.06mm
Original post by Axolotll
The foundation 6 marker felt strangely too easy??

the foundation paper 6 markers were the best i loved them.
Quick question how many Mark's was it out of I forgot to look 😅
I got for the magnification question (if ur talking about that) 30mm (3.0cm * 10) divided by 0.06 = *500 magnification.
Original post by asdqwezxcrty
it was 24mm/0.06mm