The Student Room Group

English Literature REMARK OCR

I'm in a dilemma on whether to get my A Level English Lit exam remarked.
I was getting solid B's throughout the year and in AS I got a B overall (A in Paper 1).

However, this year I unfortunately got ABD (D in English) which has really startled me. I spoke to my teacher and he said I was 5 marks away from a C, even if It only goes up to a C would be so worth it!

My university place is dependent on this remark too.

It costs £60 to get it priority remarked so its a tad costly which is why i'm in a dilemma.

As English Literature is such a subjective thing to mark, I think it may be possible.
Has anyone else had remarking experiences from OCR or have any opinions on this?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by xJaayyy
I'm in a dilemma on whether to get my A Level English Lit exam remarked.
I was getting solid B's throughout the year and in AS I got a B overall (A in Paper 1).

However, this year I unfortunately got a ABD (D in English) which has really startled me.
I spoke to my teacher and he said I was 5 marks away from a C, even if It only goes up to a C and not a B would be SO worth it.

My university place is dependent on this remark too.

As English Literature is such a subjective thing to mark, I think it may be possible.
Has anyone else had remarking experiences from OCR or have any opinions on this?

Similar thing to me happened in English - really underperformed the A2 exam (its not rare most people do - A2 English is hard!) it's unlikely to go to B but being 5 marks away, it's very possible to get to a C! If you have the money do it, you're so close! :smile:
(I got English remarked and it changed)
What university are you looking at? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jasminem97
Similar thing to me happened in English - really underperformed the A2 exam (its not rare most people do - A2 English is hard!) it's unlikely to go to B but being 5 marks away, it's very possible to get to a C! If you have the money do it, you're so close! :smile:
(I got English remarked and it changed)
What university are you looking at? :smile:

Awesome! I really hope so since i've been so upset the past two days.
My firm choice was Lancaster (AAB), and my Insurance was Sussex (ABB). But they have said speak to them if the remark had changed anything. What about you?
Original post by xJaayyy
Awesome! I really hope so since i've been so upset the past two days.
My firm choice was Lancaster (AAB), and my Insurance was Sussex (ABB). But they have said speak to them if the remark had changed anything. What about you?

If you go up to a C in English you're definitely in with a chance at Sussex (can't speak for Lancaster don't know much about the uni!) I went through clearing at uni of Leeds (last year now) and changed course - my remark changed but I still didn't quite cut it for law so they offered me science 😅

Easier said than done but don't get down about it too much - the remark has a chance of working, plenty of good universities will still take you, and there's the chance to resit! Lots of options :smile:
I'm in the exact same position as you right now - I got a B and I've been getting As all year but I haven't seen my UMS score so I don't know what to do. I'm sending mine off, my parents were really nice and said they'd pay!!!xxx
I got my results - A*AB.

The B was in AQA economics and I was 3 marks away from an A!

Considering I had to sit 3 papers that's just ONE extra mark needed in each paper for an A!!

Should I go for the remark?
Original post by mattymoo432
I got my results - A*AB.

The B was in AQA economics and I was 3 marks away from an A!

Considering I had to sit 3 papers that's just ONE extra mark needed in each paper for an A!!

Should I go for the remark?

go for it - nothing ventured nothing gained
I got 59/80 in Paper 1
45/80 in Paper 2
60/80 in Paper 3

So Paper 2 let me down.
Reply 8
Which Uni are you in currently, and if you did get a remark did any of your mark change for Economics. As i'm nearly done with Aqa As Economics, i'm going to be in A2, also i have taken the AS Economics 2019 paper 1 on micro. Can you please give me tips on how you revised, also if you don't mind as you have done it and gone through the process for Economics. May i please see your 25 Marker essays, 10 Marker essays and what actual technique worked for your revision for Eco???
I got 59/80 in Paper 1
45/80 in Paper 2
60/80 in Paper 3

So Paper 2 let me down.
Original post by gulrose
Which Uni are you in currently, and if you did get a remark did any of your mark change for Economics. As i'm nearly done with Aqa As Economics, i'm going to be in A2, also i have taken the AS Economics 2019 paper 1 on micro. Can you please give me tips on how you revised, also if you don't mind as you have done it and gone through the process for Economics. May i please see your 25 Marker essays, 10 Marker essays and what actual technique worked for your revision for Eco???

Hi. Yes my marks changed. Got two extra marks in paper 1 and paper 3. There was no change in mark for paper 2 ... my diabolical paper.
I am currently studying Economics Nottingham Uni.
I have essays available, and these are available to purchase for £10 each. Payment via PayPal
Reply 10
Is these essays for 25 markers or 10, will the essays be online or paper form? Also can you give me tips how you revised for the AQA Economics exams?
Hi. Yes my marks changed. Got two extra marks in paper 1 and paper 3. There was no change in mark for paper 2 ... my diabolical paper.
I am currently studying Economics Nottingham Uni.
I have essays available, and these are available to purchase for £10 each. Payment via PayPal
Paper form. I will them to you as images, via email.

I revised by making detailed and short vision of notes throughout the course, and watched Econplus dal.

Then after Easter, I began making my notes shorter and shorter. From detailed notes to shorter visions. Mind maps to Flash cards. I used whiteboard to practice diagram drawing. I also revised over 100 key economic terms to use in essays.

Drop me a personal message if you’re interested in some essays
Original post by gulrose
Is these essays for 25 markers or 10, will the essays be online or paper form? Also can you give me tips how you revised for the AQA Economics exams?

Quick Reply

Latest