The Student Room Group

A level options

Out of curiosity, what are you picking for your A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

History, maths and physics. I was thinking of Dt but it’ll probably be in the same set as history + maths compliment physics.
Reply 2
sounds smart
Original post by PetitePanda
History, maths and physics. I was thinking of Dt but it’ll probably be in the same set as history + maths compliment physics.
Reply 3
I am still deciding I got an offer to do 3 of the following
law
politics
economics
business
sociology
I do Biology, Psychology and Sociology if anyone has any questions on the subject. Currently in my second year of the courses as well.
bio chem and maths but thinking of changing to bio chem and psycology what do you guys think? I want to do medicine at uni
Reply 6
thats similar to what i was thinking as i initially wanted to do economics in the future however i know i dont want to do maths as a level as im struggling with it in gcse. Now I have to think about my a-level options all over again. :s-smilie:
Original post by xavoa
law
politics
economics
business
sociology
performing arts, textiles and film studies
Original post by xavoa
law
politics
economics
business
sociology

Oof all things my school don’t give options for (expect business but it’s like btec rather than an a level)
Reply 9
Sorry if this is personal, I wanted to ask what you hoping to do in the future using those alevels. How hard are your alevels?
Original post by DeathTheSister
I do Biology, Psychology and Sociology if anyone has any questions on the subject. Currently in my second year of the courses as well.
Reply 10
What?? You were told which alevels to take?
Oof all things my school don’t give options for (expect business but it’s like btec rather than an a level)
Reply 11
Honestly, that sounds like so much fun although I know it can be difficult and time consuming
Original post by Caitlyn_Stanley
performing arts, textiles and film studies
[QUOTE="tm_24;83198960"]Sorry if this is personal, I wanted to ask what you hoping to do in the future using those alevels. How hard are your alevels?
[/QUOTE
Original post by tm_24
What?? You were told which alevels to take?

We were recommended by each department which options we can take but we still had a choice it’s just those specific options aren’t available for in my school. Although we can get rejected to take that course if they think it’ll be hard for us to take.
Original post by xavoa
law
politics
economics
business
sociology

I’m currently in my 2nd year of studying Law and Sociology if there are any questions you have :smile:.
Reply 14
Oh I see
Original post by tm_24
Sorry if this is personal, I wanted to ask what you hoping to do in the future using those alevels. How hard are your alevels?
[/QUOTE

We were recommended by each department which options we can take but we still had a choice it’s just those specific options aren’t available for in my school. Although we can get rejected to take that course if they think it’ll be hard for us to take.

Reply 15
Original post by tm_24
Out of curiosity, what are you picking for your A-Levels?

Currently in Year 13 and doing A-Level history, economics and sociology. Happy to answer any reasonable questions. :smile:
biology, maths, and history. no fkkin idea what i wanna do so i chose random facilitating subjects. i dont even wanna do biology anymore after that exam but it'll open my options so yeh lol
oo how is history? a lot of content right? do u have to write massive essays :rolleyes:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Currently in Year 13 and doing A-Level history, economics and sociology. Happy to answer any reasonable questions. :smile:
Original post by lilTrain
biology, maths, and history. no fkkin idea what i wanna do so i chose random facilitating subjects. i dont even wanna do biology anymore after that exam but it'll open my options so yeh lol

Pick the subjects you like more or really good at?
Law,English lit and sociology

Quick Reply

Latest