National 5 Business Management 2018/19

Hello and welcome to the Bus Man chat 😂

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SchuylerSister22
Hello and welcome to the Bus Man chat 😂

Hope your exam preparation is going well :smile:

Anyone else doing Nat 5 business?
Hello there,
Yep I am currently revising the topics which I am unsure on, I just need help with ethics and customer satisfaction.
What are you doing to revise? We've done all the past papers in class and I've done all the bbc bitesize quizzes too so I'm kinda just flicking through my jotter every once in a while 😂
Original post by rittajmoghal29
Hello there,
Yep I am currently revising the topics which I am unsure on, I just need help with ethics and customer satisfaction.
hey there,
I am glad that you replied, well I read notes as well, they are concise. Sometimes or actually along with my notes, I look at the summary booklet which is equally effective. Although the best tool is Kahoot, I just search up quizzes related to topics which helps me a lot. Especially before exams and tests, don't stress too much just know the command words. Business is a bit of common sense along with knowledge. Notes are a good way as well. Are there any topics you find tough? How did your assignment go? :smile:
What are you doing to revise? We've done all the past papers in class and I've done all the bbc bitesize quizzes too so I'm kinda just flicking through my jotter every once in a while 😂
Where did you get your summary booklet from? I've forgotten about Kahoot so I'll try that and I've just remembered that there's quizlet too! I think I'm pretty good at all the topics in general bit I am kind of lacking in the common sense area 😂 For example I was given a question where we had to look at a cash flow forecast and the business was spending more money on wages and getting less profits so I told my teacher that they should lower the wages until they sell more products so they'd be more inclined to sell more but my teacher said they'd just quit and get a job somewhere else to get more money 😂 I'm hoping my assignment was good, it was 7 pages long whereas everyone else in my class had like 3... I did mines on Greggs, what did you do yours on?

hey there,
I am glad that you replied, well I read notes as well, they are concise. Sometimes or actually along with my notes, I look at the summary booklet which is equally effective. Although the best tool is Kahoot, I just search up quizzes related to topics which helps me a lot. Especially before exams and tests, don't stress too much just know the command words. Business is a bit of common sense along with knowledge. Notes are a good way as well. Are there any topics you find tough? How did your assignment go? :smile:
Our class was given it, unfortunately, it's not available on our school website.:frown:
Oh yes, I love using quizlet as well. :smile: The only issue is some flashcards have extensive knowledge which isn't required.
Really that question is odd, haven't seen that anywhere. Don't worry my assignment was also 7 pages :wink: it was really awkward as I was the only one who was close to the word limit compared to others. I did mine on Asda, our school wifi has major problems and has blocked most of the shopping websites so I had no other option :frown: but it was really easy, I hope it will go well :smile:
What subjects are you planning for Higher?
Where did you get your summary booklet from? I've forgotten about Kahoot so I'll try that and I've just remembered that there's quizlet too! I think I'm pretty good at all the topics in general bit I am kind of lacking in the common sense area 😂 For example I was given a question where we had to look at a cash flow forecast and the business was spending more money on wages and getting less profits so I told my teacher that they should lower the wages until they sell more products so they'd be more inclined to sell more but my teacher said they'd just quit and get a job somewhere else to get more money 😂 I'm hoping my assignment was good, it was 7 pages long whereas everyone else in my class had like 3... I did mines on Greggs, what did you do yours on?
I was wayyyy over the word limit but what can I say? I was inspired 😂 So I had to shorten mines down a bit. This year I am doing all Nat 5s Maths, English, Bus Man, Art, Graphic Communication and French because I hadn't a clue what I wanted to do last year but now I've decided I want to go down the business route so I'm taking Maths, English, Business Management, French and Music all at higher hopefully if I pass my Nat 5s (starting to think I won't pass English tho 😂). I decided to drop Art and Graph Comm because they weren't really taking me anywhere and I'm rubbish at both of them 😂. So I picked up Music at Higher because I already play piano so hopefully it's an easy A. What exams are you doing this year and what did you choose for next year? Do you know what you want to do once you leave school?
Our class was given it, unfortunately, it's not available on our school website.:frown:
Oh yes, I love using quizlet as well. :smile: The only issue is some flashcards have extensive knowledge which isn't required.
Really that question is odd, haven't seen that anywhere. Don't worry my assignment was also 7 pages :wink: it was really awkward as I was the only one who was close to the word limit compared to others. I did mine on Asda, our school wifi has major problems and has blocked most of the shopping websites so I had no other option :frown: but it was really easy, I hope it will go well :smile:
What subjects are you planning for Higher?
Oh god, my options are so boring compared to yours :tongue:
I took 3 sciences, maths, English, history, French and business. I am not confident for English as well, feels like I am gonna fail.
I hate RUAE, I don't know what quotes to memorize for Macbeth and Norman MacCaig poems.
I am planning to take Medicine or Psychology so I have chosen three sciences, maths and English. For AH will stick to Bio, Chem, and Higher Psychology :smile:
If neither of those work then I might do Ph.D. in something :smile:
A question, have you read the reasons for loss of the year? and how to justify a suitable solution? I don't have it in my notes, but it is mentioned in my checklist
:s-smilie:

I love your ideas, I am sure you are gonna succeed your dreams and aspirations :wink:
You're doing 8 exams this year??! Are they all Nat 5? I did a practise RUAE paper this morning and got 20/30 which is two points higher than I got on the prelim so i'm pretty pleased, I can settle for a B :smile: I was thinking about doing Pyschology but they only allow you to do it in S6 and also I don't think I am smart enough for psychology 😂 Also sorry, I haven't a clue how to answer your question

Good luck on your dreams and aspirations too!!
Oh god, my options are so boring compared to yours :tongue:
I took 3 sciences, maths, English, history, French and business. I am not confident for English as well, feels like I am gonna fail.
I hate RUAE, I don't know what quotes to memorize for Macbeth and Norman MacCaig poems.
I am planning to take Medicine or Psychology so I have chosen three sciences, maths and English. For AH will stick to Bio, Chem, and Higher Psychology :smile:
If neither of those work then I might do Ph.D. in something :smile:
A question, have you read the reasons for loss of the year? and how to justify a suitable solution? I don't have it in my notes, but it is mentioned in my checklist
:s-smilie:

I love your ideas, I am sure you are gonna succeed your dreams and aspirations :wink:
My assignment was exactly at the word limit, and my teacher said I was the only person in my year who had written that much. I did it on a theatre operation company in Edinburgh (www.capitaltheatres.com). I think most other people did Waitrose, Costa Coffee or JD in my class.
Hello, I need to ask: I’m doing nat 5 business exam and what topics should I revise more?, as I’m really worried that pricing strategies will come up and I can’t remember any of those strategies and do you guys know how to do compare question and I’ I allowed to write my answers in bullet points?, as it gets messy when I write in sentences.
You can write in bullet points but make sure to use command words correctly for example if it's an explain question write down your point then put "which means" and explain the outcome. For describe questions write down your point and then write "therefore" and then the outcome. Revise the 4P's, distribution methods etc. These ones always come up though they can make a question on practically anything. If you're unsure of a question use common sense it can get you so many marks.
Original post by Kubsyy
Hello, I need to ask: I’m doing nat 5 business exam and what topics should I revise more?, as I’m really worried that pricing strategies will come up and I can’t remember any of those strategies and do you guys know how to do compare question and I’ I allowed to write my answers in bullet points?, as it gets messy when I write in sentences.
We made sure all of ours were over the word count but under the 10% penalty, ensures that I have back-up points in all areas of the assignment to get 30/30.
Original post by aingidh
My assignment was exactly at the word limit, and my teacher said I was the only person in my year who had written that much. I did it on a theatre operation company in Edinburgh (www.capitaltheatres.com). I think most other people did Waitrose, Costa Coffee or JD in my class.
Oh okay that’s good thanks. However I’m not sure what do you mean by describe questions because our teacher did not teach us that type of formula.
Original post by AyrshireStudent
You can write in bullet points but make sure to use command words correctly for example if it's an explain question write down your point then put "which means" and explain the outcome. For describe questions write down your point and then write "therefore" and then the outcome. Revise the 4P's, distribution methods etc. These ones always come up though they can make a question on practically anything. If you're unsure of a question use common sense it can get you so many marks.
That's just what I use, you can use other words.
Original post by Kubsyy
Oh okay that’s good thanks. However I’m not sure what do you mean by describe questions because our teacher did not teach us that type of formula.
Oh no sorry that’s not what I meant. I meant what you said about the describe question is what i didn’t understand ,write down your point and then write therefore then the outcome’
Original post by AyrshireStudent
That's just what I use, you can use other words.
An example could be "Describe the advantages of a business having a strong corporate culture" An advantage would be that staff feel valued as they all wear the same uniform therefore increasing motivation which will increase productivity.
Original post by Kubsyy
Oh no sorry that’s not what I meant. I meant what you said about the describe question is what i didn’t understand ,write down your point and then write therefore then the outcome’
What's everyone doing to revise the last two nights before the exam? I'm in the process of creating my own quizlet and it has dawned on me how much I have to remember 😬. Are you prepared? When did you start revising?
Good luck in the exam, a lot of the question you can use general knowledge and it isn't as bad as you think it is. I'm currently doing Higher Business Management.
What's everyone doing to revise the last two nights before the exam? I'm in the process of creating my own quizlet and it has dawned on me how much I have to remember 😬. Are you prepared? When did you start revising?

Quick Reply

Latest