Girlfriend has low self esteem and is self conscious Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My girlfriend is self conscious about her appearance and weight, and doesn’t want to go places until she is happy with the way she looks.

I think she is cute and adorable, and is a normal size but she suffers from low self esteem and I don’t know what to do about it. She is a size 14 UK but wants to be a 10/12.

I’m happy that she wants to improve the way she looks FOR me but I’m already happy with the way she looks now. I’ve already said this to her but i don’t think it helps at all
PetitePanda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She will keep having these thoughts but all you can do is what you’re doing now and be encouraging of herself but don’t discourage any efforts she tries to make to do this unless it’s unhealthy.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by PetitePanda; 4 weeks ago
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My girlfriend is self conscious about her appearance and weight, and doesn’t want to go places until she is happy with the way she looks.

I think she is cute and adorable, and is a normal size but she suffers from low self esteem and I don’t know what to do about it. She is a size 14 UK but wants to be a 10/12.

I’m happy that she wants to improve the way she looks FOR me but I’m already happy with the way she looks now. I’ve already said this to her but i don’t think it helps at all
She's clearly not happy with the way she looks, just let her lose the extra weight ffs. Why do you assume it's about you? "She doesn't want to go places" - it's obviously not about you, or not just about you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ciel.)
She's clearly not happy with the way she looks, just let her lose the extra weight ffs. Why do you assume it's about you? "She doesn't want to go places" - it's obviously not about you, or not just about you.
I'm letting her lose weight, I'm not going to let her starve herself. she is literally doing it for me, "I want to look good for you", "I want to be the best for you", etc. I know it's not 100% about me but it's a big reason why she wants to. I just want to support her and be there for her, and I ofcourse want her to be happy with her body and with herself
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PetitePanda)
She will keep having these thoughts but all you can do is what you’re doing now and be encouraging of herself but don’t discourage any efforts she tries to make to do this unless it’s unhealthy.
I'm encouraging her to be healthy but it's very worrying knowing she'll only eat a couple bananas and apples all day. It makes me feel guilty as she has told me she wants to do this for me
PetitePanda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm encouraging her to be healthy but it's very worrying knowing she'll only eat a couple bananas and apples all day. It makes me feel guilty as she has told me she wants to do this for me
If she doesn’t get a balance of foods, it’ll be harder for her to lose weight. Even though she wants to lose her weight, she can still do it over time.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm letting her lose weight, I'm not going to let her starve herself. she is literally doing it for me, "I want to look good for you", "I want to be the best for you", etc. I know it's not 100% about me but it's a big reason why she wants to. I just want to support her and be there for her, and I ofcourse want her to be happy with her body and with herself
She says it's about you, but it's not. I'd be willing to bet that she's had an idea put in her head by one of her friends or another guy that she needs to be a size 10 to be attractive in someone else's eyes/meeting someone else's standards of beauty. She'd be listening to what you've told her otherwise. Keep an eye on her, OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads