The Student Room Group

Need advice on how to get over a bad fight with my partner, struggling to forgive him

Scroll to see replies

Lyf too short to keep hating ppl. Just forgive him and enjoy your life.
Papa needs to eat.

Did you get any?! LJ???! She told me to **** off when I offered to show my ween.
I thought you'd be LinkedIn connections at the least.
Original post by harrysbar
Do you even english yourself

English very best is
Ni Hao?
Original post by harrysbar
Do you even english yourself
Serial cheater vs serial beater, nice combo.
Reply 66
Okay. Splitting up is not an option. So, sit down and talk to him. Discuss your feelings with each other. Write on a piece of paper what you want from this relationship and how you think it could be better. Get him to do the same. Then when you're both finished, swap paper. And then talk about it. Communication is key. All I can suggest other than a therapist but they'd just suggest the same. Good luck.
Reply 67
Also, I suggest speaking to your GP or Doctor. You may be struggling with a mental illness and not even know it. They can help if that's the case. Mental Illness has such a bad stigma but it is nothing to be ashamed of or scared of. I have it myself and I am on medication for it, which I really refused to do at first. But it helped and still does. You just have to accept the help and advice. Best of luck
Reply 68
Original post by Notoriety
Papa needs to eat.

Did you get any?! LJ???! She told me to **** off when I offered to show my ween.

How rude. I would never do that, daddy.

Eh, that's probably true.
Original post by random_matt
Serial cheater vs serial beater, nice combo.

Only one of these statements is true.
Original post by ArtyB
Okay. Splitting up is not an option. So, sit down and talk to him. Discuss your feelings with each other. Write on a piece of paper what you want from this relationship and how you think it could be better. Get him to do the same. Then when you're both finished, swap paper. And then talk about it. Communication is key. All I can suggest other than a therapist but they'd just suggest the same. Good luck.

Original post by ArtyB
Also, I suggest speaking to your GP or Doctor. You may be struggling with a mental illness and not even know it. They can help if that's the case. Mental Illness has such a bad stigma but it is nothing to be ashamed of or scared of. I have it myself and I am on medication for it, which I really refused to do at first. But it helped and still does. You just have to accept the help and advice. Best of luck

Yeah, I guess we do need to talk about the whole thing again. Not now though, I need some more time.
I have ptsd, which definitely is part of the problem. No way to fix it, though.
What do you mean by he ended up hitting you and dislocating your shoulder? How did that happen?

Original post by Ciel.
Long story short, recently my life spiraled a bit out of control. The usual stuff, meaning spending way too much money on all sorts of useless crap, too much partying, and cheating. All this led to a pretty bad argument between me and my boyfriend. At one point when he was trying to stop me from leaving the house, he ended up hitting me in the face and dislocating my shoulder.

He apologised, of course. I'm not mad at him anymore, to be perfectly honest, I know I deserved it. But for some crazy reason, my brain has now developed this crazy aversion towards him, it's come to the point where I don't even want him to touch me. I just find myself avoiding him all the time. He suddenly reminds me of someone I hate, which is plain stupid and illogical. I need advice on how to put our relationship back on track.
Reply 70
do not forgive him, he will do it again. I have this happen to me, trust me
Reply 71
Original post by earlybird88
What do you mean by he ended up hitting you and dislocating your shoulder? How did that happen?

I wouldn't stop taunting him, so he snapped and backhanded me. 😂 And to stop me from going out, he physically restrained me, twisted my arm behind my back and ****ed up my shoulder.
Reply 72
Original post by jbamber
do not forgive him, he will do it again. I have this happen to me, trust me

Naw, he won't. You shouldn't put up with that, though.
Reply 73
I guess my relationships can be a bit too passionate at times? Lol.
I'm sorry but don't blame yourself in his actions. This is toxic. He shouldn't have touched you no matter what. Please do not stay with him. It will happen again.
Original post by Ciel.
I wouldn't stop taunting him, so he snapped and backhanded me. 😂 And to stop me from going out, he physically restrained me, twisted my arm behind my back and ****ed up my shoulder.
Reply 75
Original post by earlybird88
I'm sorry but don't blame yourself in his actions. This is toxic. He shouldn't have touched you no matter what. Please do not stay with him. It will happen again.

No, it won't. This isn't a new relationship, he's a good person.
Reply 76
But you clearly aren't.
Original post by Ciel.
No, it won't. This isn't a new relationship, he's a good person.
Reply 77
Original post by Molseh
But you clearly aren't.

Lmfao, yeah, I'm soooo evil. You don't know what 'a bad person' means, hun.
Reply 78
Yeah; you are an outstanding person.
Original post by Ciel.
Long story short, recently my life spiraled a bit out of control. The usual stuff, meaning spending way too much money on all sorts of useless crap, too much partying, and cheating.

Original post by Ciel.
Lmfao, yeah, I'm soooo evil. You don't know what 'a bad person' means, hun.
Reply 79
Original post by Molseh
Yeah; you are an outstanding person.

A temporary lapse of judgment doesn't make me evil.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending