The Student Room Group

Maths A level Core 1 Last resit 2019 May 15th

Any guesses on what's coming up since it's the last test for the old spec?

Scroll to see replies

Probably some BS indices question and some BS series, rest should be ok, good luck and don't forget the +c. I'll catch you up after
God that normal question was confusing, defo dropped 5 marks there, rest were ok what answers did you get
Reply 3
Like 3,9 -3,1
Original post by Yolotwice
God that normal question was confusing, defo dropped 5 marks there, rest were ok what answers did you get
Anyone got c = 9/2 for the 8 marker?
Reply 5
I thought it went better than last year. Exam was more hard . And did anyone get c=-55? And yeah I feel like at a push dropped 10 marks?
Original post by revsvk
Like 3,9 -3,1
Thats what I got
I got 8/9
Original post by dumbasslmao
Got a fraction don't remember if it was that
IMG_20190515_105005.jpg I messed up on these questions
Original post by Nevers3ttle1+N
Any guesses on what's coming up since it's the last test for the old spec?

Op
Okay that's what I meant I just forgot
I think I lost a mark finding the area of triangle ABC but it was only 2 marks and I did the method right
Overall feeling pretty happy
Original post by BeastHassan
I got 8/9
I think that's what I got
Original post by BeastHassan
I got 8/9
For the triangle area I got 6 units ^2
I think I lost a mark finding the area of triangle ABC but it was only 2 marks and I did the method right
What was t?
t= 7/4

And triangle area was 39/8 I think but I don't even know if I put that down
It was a bottom heavy fraction over 9 defo not 2
Reply 16
Original post by sadiqimusa
IMG_20190515_105005.jpg i messed up on these questions

op

what paper is this oh my god
The inequality/discriminant Q..
Pretty sure
a= 1
b= 6k-10
c= 2k-3
They said they cross at 2 distinct points and wanted to show the final inequality was GREATER than zero, but the inequality of that ^ discriminant ended up exactly the same as they had wanted you to show but BELOW zero as two distinct points of intersection? There was no multiplying by a negative to switch the signs as it already simplified to what they had shown with the correct signs. Did anyone else have this problem or did I just miss something?
Wrong paper
Original post by daveGpufc
The inequality/discriminant Q..
Pretty sure
a= 1
b= 6k-10
c= 2k-3
They said they cross at 2 distinct points and wanted to show the final inequality was GREATER than zero, but the inequality of that ^ discriminant ended up exactly the same as they had wanted you to show but BELOW zero as two distinct points of intersection? There was no multiplying by a negative to switch the signs as it already simplified to what they had shown with the correct signs. Did anyone else have this problem or did I just miss something?
Ah. Is there a thread for the AS paper? Thanks
Original post by Yolotwice
Wrong paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending