I think i failed second year Watch

Pisces42
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im at my second year of uni at brunel studying biomed. I really don’t think I did well on my exams. I got all A’s last year and all A’s on my courseworks throughout the year but my exams didn’t go well at all. You can only retake 2 modules and I think I failed 4 out of 5. It’s because my parents didn’t let me move out and my neighbours and parents make alot of noise and when i tell them to shut up they don’t listen. Its really not my fault i made all my notes through out the year just revising them was a problem.
Does anyone know what i can do?
Crystal76
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes...keep calm. Honestly, most of us have been there. In my opinion the only real option is to wait & see. In these instances, results usually turn out better than you think, although speaking with your tutors may help, but I'm not sure...

Bottom line...keep calm, and see what you can do to improve your results next year!
Pisces42
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Crystal76)
Yes...keep calm. Honestly, most of us have been there. In my opinion the only real option is to wait & see. In these instances, results usually turn out better than you think, although speaking with your tutors may help, but I'm not sure...

Bottom line...keep calm, and see what you can do to improve your results next year!
Thanks
profjb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean a lot of that sounds like exceptional circumstances regarding your living options and you should probably at least try to apply for this in retrospect. I don't know what your universities policy is on this but generally the idea is if you have proof in one way or another then you can be given extensions or this information can be taken into account after you submit your work allowing you to re-take a certain amount of modules over the summer.
I would guess that you will have to re-take some modules, but too be honest my 2nd year hasn't been great, i'm sure that i'll have to re-take at least one of my modules over summer and as crystal76 says we have all been in these kind of scenarios, heck I remember in A-levels staying up till 4am to do work for an assignment I knew I was going to fail, it sucks and I got a C but I managed to get into a Russel group uni so it's all about perseverance.

(Original post by Pisces42)
Im at my second year of uni at brunel studying biomed. I really don’t think I did well on my exams. I got all A’s last year and all A’s on my courseworks throughout the year but my exams didn’t go well at all. You can only retake 2 modules and I think I failed 4 out of 5. It’s because my parents didn’t let me move out and my neighbours and parents make alot of noise and when i tell them to shut up they don’t listen. Its really not my fault i made all my notes through out the year just revising them was a problem.
Does anyone know what i can do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes - I am a regular donator! (19)
6.15%
Yes - I have once or twice (20)
6.47%
I would like to... (134)
43.37%
No - I cannot give blood (74)
23.95%
No - I don't wish to (62)
20.06%