The Student Room Group

What happens if i get reported

I had some Highlighter on my hand, no writing

i was told in my exam that i should rub it off,
I tried to but it wouldn't come off.
next exam, it wasn't really visible and as i was leaving i was told i was reported

what can I do?
what happens?
Reply 1
you were reported for using a highlighter????
Reply 2
Ask why you were reported and the appeal process? I doubt if it was just a highlighter mark then there isn't much they can do. I would get your tutor involved and explain it. It's very silly of the examiner to report you for something that shows no information.

Most cheaters who are actually caught are disqualified from the exam, but I feel that would need a lot more then you have said.

If you want to resit you would need to do that in November resits etc.
Reply 3
It was on my hand before the exams
Original post by Jeff245
you were reported for using a highlighter????
Take a picture.
ridiculous

prolly be unsuccessful but appeal just in case
Daft all round, daft to go in with stuff drawn on your hands, daft reason to get reported.

TBH just reinforces that school exams are partially maturity tests.
Reply 7
I can't say I have failed even once to get permanent marker stains off my hand. Anyways, why didn't you challenge the examiner right when you were reported? You said that the highlighter wasn't legible so you had a clear way of proving your innocence.
you shouldnt be, we were told "youre allowed to use a highlighter to highlight parts of the question but it should not be used in your answer"
Original post by ashton_g
I had some Highlighter on my hand, no writing

i was told in my exam that i should rub it off,
I tried to but it wouldn't come off.
next exam, it wasn't really visible and as i was leaving i was told i was reported

what can I do?
what happens?

Maybe the invigilator thought u wrote a few words on ur hand and then hid the writing underneath the highlighter ink?
Hi . The examiner will now have to send something to the exam board soon and these will contact your school so you will know pretty soon. If it is just highlighter then the maximum punishment you should receive will be marks taken off but I doubt it would come to this as marks ain't a exam rule. Speak to your teacher/exam officer and tell them what exactly happened so they can ensure that your not in trouble. Don't worry though your not in the wrong and your teachers will know this and make sure your okay ☺️ good luck with your exams
They don't know what the highlighter meant
Could've been a coded reminder to yourself (even if it wasn't in words).

Quick Reply