The Student Room Group

**CCEA A2 Level Exams 2019 - Thread for discussing thought/predictions etc **

Thread to discuss exams questions/predictions/thoughts on CCEA A2 exams 2019.

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone do Physics A2 3B today?
Yeah, what’d you think of it?
Original post by EdtheSnek
Did anyone do Physics A2 3B today?
Original post by Davydartboard
Yeah, what’d you think of it?

It was alright but I didn't like Q5 much. How about you?
Original post by EdtheSnek
It was alright but I didn't like Q5 much. How about you?

I messed up the frequency of the wave question, the final question, forgot to say it was half a wavelength so my calculation was wrong, what’d you get for the timebase setting?
I got 50uscm-1
I messed up the frequency of the wave question, the final question, forgot to say it was half a wavelength so my calculation was wrong, what’d you get for the timebase setting?
any guesses on the QWC question this year?

trends from previous years seem to suggest the the SHC experiment question for unit 1 but you never know

no clue for unit 2
btw we're also having a discussion on this thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5932920&p=83142398&page=2#post83142398

I'm too lazy to post my questions here but hopefully more people see it now
Anyone doing statistics S1 exam on Wednesday?
Original post by 134841422
any guesses on the QWC question this year?

trends from previous years seem to suggest the the SHC experiment question for unit 1 but you never know

no clue for unit 2

Do you think their may be a large question on ITER particle accelerator, I haven’t seen a lot of big questions on it
Psst, ITER is a fusion reactor, N00B
Do you think their may be a large question on ITER particle accelerator, I haven’t seen a lot of big questions on it
ITER is new spec, the questions on JET on the old spec should be very similar to the ones they will be asking on ITER
Original post by YaNansAppleTart
Psst, ITER is a fusion reactor, N00B

Ahaha

If you meant questions on the synchrotron, I'd imagine it's possible - but I don't think they ever really had a 6 marker question on it -they just ask a few 2 marker questions on its funtions
Do you think they could ask us on anything to do with the LINAC or Cyclotron?
Original post by 134841422
If you meant questions on the synchrotron, I'd imagine it's possible - but I don't think they ever really had a 6 marker question on it -they just ask a few 2 marker questions on its funtions
Original post by Benkxnnedy
Do you think they could ask us on anything to do with the LINAC or Cyclotron?

it's no longer on the spec so I doubt it

although they might ask a question that requires us to apply our knowledge of how the synchrotron works in terms of a LINAC - since both use accelerating cavities with high freq alternating p.d. across them
Anyone do S1 exam today, how’d you find it, what’d you say for the considerations for the very last question?
One was a sample one was a population
Time divisions greater on one
Consider what time of the year the samples were taken it
Consider age group of pupils in sample 1 as not a population
Original post by Aj2001brah
One was a sample one was a population
Time divisions greater on one
Consider what time of the year the samples were taken it
Consider age group of pupils in sample 1 as not a population

Yeah that sounds similar to what I put down as well, do you remember what you got for x in terms of k for part two of the probability question, I messed this question up, but got x=1/1+k for part 1.
x= 1/1+k & x = 1/k

Quick Reply

Latest