The Student Room Group

King's college or Queen Mary? And for computer science?

I have received an offer from both of them and I am not sure which one choose. I can't visit them, I am not from UK.
Reply 1
Hi. I can’t speak about these unis with respect to your subject, but just going purely on reputation and employability, Kings is considered a better uni, and overall uni rankings support this. However, for all I known QM has a world-class computer science department and the employment rate from their degree is superior to Kings... if so, then that is obviously something to consider. Congratulations on the offers anyway! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sefrca
Hi. I can’t speak about these unis with respect to your subject, but just going purely on reputation and employability, Kings is considered a better uni, and overall uni rankings support this. However, for all I known QM has a world-class computer science department and the employment rate from their degree is superior to Kings... if so, then that is obviously something to consider. Congratulations on the offers anyway! :smile:

Thank you so much for your answer! Now I am even more undecided hahaha
Reply 3
Original post by OussamaRakye
Thank you so much for your answer! Now I am even more undecided hahaha

That’s no problem :smile: Just a note regarding the ranking, on the Complete University Guide league table for Computer Science, King’s are 18th in the UK and QM are 40th (https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=computer science)

Overall, King’s are 25th and QM are 41st, plus Kings has a more respected reputation. If you have no preference on which course you prefer, then I would say go with Kings, especially as the location is far more central (the Strand, Waterloo etc) while QM is out at Whitechapel, which is, although still rather central, a very different area (although pretty trendy).... different horses for different courses though haha :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank you so much!!
Original post by Sefrca
That’s no problem :smile: Just a note regarding the ranking, on the Complete University Guide league table for Computer Science, King’s are 18th in the UK and QM are 40th (https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=computer science)

Overall, King’s are 25th and QM are 41st, plus Kings has a more respected reputation. If you have no preference on which course you prefer, then I would say go with Kings, especially as the location is far more central (the Strand, Waterloo etc) while QM is out at Whitechapel, which is, although still rather central, a very different area (although pretty trendy).... different horses for different courses though haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending