The Student Room Group

Student finance - recalled 3rd payment

Hi, I need some advice please. I was due to get my third payment 4 weeks ago. However the day before the payment was supposed to hit my bank account SFE recalled it. They didn’t tell me they were doing this. After calling up SFE and my bank multiple times, finally SFE told me that the payment had been recalled. They said that they needed some evidence - however I was not previously informed of this and bearing in mind it was my third payment for the year I was unsure what evidence they needed. So anyway, fast forward 4 long and agonising weeks, they have the evidence they needed (just a letter from my employer). My account has been reassessed to show I am entitled to the money that they recalled. But, however, my problem now is I won’t get the money until the SFE system shows that the recalled payment shows as failed, because at the moment it shows I’ve been paid it. I’ve sent proof in form of a bank statement to prove the money did not hit my account. My bank cant help with sending the money back as they did not receive it. So now I’ve been told that I will have to wait another 4 weeks for it to be rectified that’s if the money comes back to SFE - not quite sure where else it would be!. I feel that they can do more there end to trace the money. But they say they can’t. Help x
Original post by Willow31
Hi, I need some advice please. I was due to get my third payment 4 weeks ago. However the day before the payment was supposed to hit my bank account SFE recalled it. They didn’t tell me they were doing this. After calling up SFE and my bank multiple times, finally SFE told me that the payment had been recalled. They said that they needed some evidence - however I was not previously informed of this and bearing in mind it was my third payment for the year I was unsure what evidence they needed. So anyway, fast forward 4 long and agonising weeks, they have the evidence they needed (just a letter from my employer). My account has been reassessed to show I am entitled to the money that they recalled. But, however, my problem now is I won’t get the money until the SFE system shows that the recalled payment shows as failed, because at the moment it shows I’ve been paid it. I’ve sent proof in form of a bank statement to prove the money did not hit my account. My bank cant help with sending the money back as they did not receive it. So now I’ve been told that I will have to wait another 4 weeks for it to be rectified that’s if the money comes back to SFE - not quite sure where else it would be!. I feel that they can do more there end to trace the money. But they say they can’t. Help x

Hi Willow,

Apologies to hear about the issues you have had with regards to your payment. If you can message us on Facebook or Twitter so we can look into this further for you.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending