The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Maths Paper 1 8MA0 Unofficial Markscheme 2019

Scroll to see replies

yh i agree, but depending on the stats/mech paper it could potentially be lower. This paper was definitely tougher than last years. if i had to put a guess to it, i would honestly say around 98/160 for an A
Original post by ItsEuan
99/160 for an a
I got that too
Original post by itskxmil
Well it was -2.5 or -5/2
Reply 42
Original post by elidamonj
did anyone do the proofing question at the end? if so, how did you do it?

Sub in n=2x and n=2x+1 (even and odd numbers) then take a factor of 8 out and show it’s not an integer solution e.g. (2x)^3+2 = 8x^3 + 2 = 8(x^3 +2/8). At least that’s what I did
Reply 43
Original post by yeetboi_105
yh i agree, but depending on the stats/mech paper it could potentially be lower. This paper was definitely tougher than last years. if i had to put a guess to it, i would honestly say around 98/160 for an A

well... it was 105 for an a last year and i dont think it will go below 100 for an a
What did everyone put for the limitation of the model in the exponential question about the car price?
Hated it, nothing straightforward at all
Original post by Anonymous__123
What did everyone put for the limitation of the model in the exponential question about the car price?

2300 or something, whatever was on the end of the expo
What do you think you guys got overall? would be nice to create an average, to get an idea of how difficult it was. i think i got around 69 marks.
Can someone do a full one and with marks per a question
What do you think you guys got overall? would be nice to create an average, to get an idea of how difficult it was. i think i got around 69 marks.
for the proof you had to do n=2x^2 and n=2x^2 +1
it had to be a natural number, so not negative, hence it must be squared to ensure it's positive
Well I divided n3+2 by 8. That would give n3/8 + 1/4. So I said that you add 1/4 in every value no matter what the value of n is and you get a rational number in the end. I’m not sure tho
Original post by elidamonj
did anyone do the proofing question at the end? if so, how did you do it?
dont you have to find the value when n=0? it said the initial
Original post by itskxmil
I reckon A is like 70%. I meant the B would be 60% btw.

Bro you're just making **** up. Our paper was a lot easier than last years. Grade boundaries will likely go up
last year’s paper was so much easier
Reply 55
Original post by Anonymous__123

I said that it didn't take into account other factors that could affect the value of the car, such as mileage and damages to the car.
Woah no way. Our paper was significantly easier then last years.
Well done idiot. Last year the A grade was 65% and I said it would be around 70% this year.
Original post by ItsRyaaaaaaaan
Bro you're just making **** up. Our paper was a lot easier than last years. Grade boundaries will likely go up
Original post by ItsRyaaaaaaaan

Last years paper was so much more straight forward than this paper like yeh lots of easy ish questions but I done last years and this years and I am in Year 13 doing these I have an extra year and I found this year harder than last year
Not to mention that you probably did last years paper as a mock like 2-3 months ago so you had less knowledge so it probably felt harder for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending