The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Chemistry 2019 Predictions!

Hello,
I have looked at previous exam papers for OCR GCSE Chemistry and looked at which topics they have not asked about yet, which may come up in tomorrow's paper. I have compiled a list of my predictions for this years paper. This might help you to focus your revision for today :smile:

2019 Predictions:

- How/why the atomic model has changed over time; JJ Thompson, Rutherford and Dalton's experiments (possibly a 4/6 marker)

- Atomic mass/number/electron configuration calculations (These come up every year)

- Moles and Titration calculations (3/4 marker - again these come up every year)

- Carbon nanotubes and their properties (fullerenes, graphene etc - possible 4/6 marker)

- Electrolysis (possible 3/4 marker)

- Endothermic and Exothermic reactions, again possible 3/4 markers on bond breaking/making

- Enthalpy calculations

- Drawing dot and cross diagrams and stating the molecular formula (these come up every year)

Hope that helps!
Original post by ShannonKerryx
Hello,
I have looked at previous exam papers for OCR GCSE Chemistry and looked at which topics they have not asked about yet, which may come up in tomorrow's paper. I have compiled a list of my predictions for this years paper. This might help you to focus your revision for today :smile:

2019 Predictions:

- How/why the atomic model has changed over time; JJ Thompson, Rutherford and Dalton's experiments (possibly a 4/6 marker)

- Atomic mass/number/electron configuration calculations (These come up every year)

- Moles and Titration calculations (3/4 marker - again these come up every year)

- Carbon nanotubes and their properties (fullerenes, graphene etc - possible 4/6 marker)

- Endothermic and Exothermic reactions, again possible 3/4 markers on bond breaking/making

- Enthalpy calculations

- Drawing dot and cross diagrams and stating the molecular formula (these come up every year)

Hope that helps!

Wow thanks
Hello,

2019 Predictions:

- Enthalpy calculations

Hope that helps!

Enthalpy? are you sure thats gcse lol
It's in my spec...
You may have just learn it as "energy change in a reaction" or similar.
Original post by FreshPrince102
Original post by sdr981
It's in my spec...
You may have just learn it as "energy change in a reaction" or similar.

Ocr? so what topic is it
Enthalpy basically means energy, so things like calculating average bond energy, energy released, etc :smile:
Original post by FreshPrince102
Reply 6
Hello,

2019 Predictions:

- Enthalpy calculations

Hope that helps!

Wow, for paper one basically everything you said came up, six marker on electrolysis and a lot on enthalpy and exo/endo. The only thing that didnt come up on this list was the changes to the atomic model over time
Reply 7
Ikr i was so happy for the balancing what did you get? I think i did it wrong
Original post by dlsx0021
Wow, for paper one basically everything you said came up, six marker on electrolysis and a lot on enthalpy and exo/endo. The only thing that didnt come up on this list was the changes to the atomic model over time
Reply 8
Original post by C-Sadler

I think i got 3Pb + 8HNO3 --> 3Pb(NO3)2 + 2NO + 4H2O

and for the calculations of mol afterwards i got 0.1 mol
Reply 9
Aw i think i did the balancing wrong but its partially right so hopefull i get a process mark lol
Original post by C-Sadler

Quick Reply

Latest