The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katiedoighty2003
how did everyone do? i felt as if for the romeo and juliet extract (juliet and the sleeping draught sollioquy) i didnt analyse enough and the analysis i did do wasnt articulate, perhaps a level 5, not the 8 i wanted. The fate elsewhere question was again the same, i knew all the points and quotes however felt as if i didnt analyse well enough I also didnt link back to the importance of fate does this make a difference? i just talked about it. The Inspector goole question was fairly easy however i think it was alright - probably wrong though! we will have to see and rely on paper 2 to be better

I felt like the paper went alright, what did you mention for the Inspector Goole question?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by fish finger fan
I felt like the paper went alright, what did you mention for the Inspector Goole question?

how did everyone do? i felt as if for the romeo and juliet extract (juliet and the sleeping draught sollioquy) i didnt analyse enough and the analysis i did do wasnt articulate, perhaps a level 5, not the 8 i wanted. The fate elsewhere question was again the same, i knew all the points and quotes however felt as if i didnt analyse well enough I also didnt link back to the importance of fate does this make a difference? i just talked about it. The Inspector goole question was fairly easy however i think it was alright - probably wrong though! we will have to see and rely on paper 2 to be better

Not going to lie, this paper seemed fairly accessible, almost easy.
Original post by Tolgarda
Not going to lie, this paper seemed fairly accessible, almost easy.

It was quite easy for an English lit exam to be fair.

So does that mean paper 2 will be of similar difficulty, or harder or is there no way of saying?
Reply 63
It was quite easy for an English lit exam to be fair.

So does that mean paper 2 will be of similar difficulty, or harder or is there no way of saying?

It is impossible to tell. The only thing we can say with some confidence is that if the second paper is of similar difficulty, the boundaries will increase.
I guess you can't really classify whether an English paper is hard or not because it is quite subjective. I personally chose the relationships within a family question as opposed to the Inspector one because I found it slightly easier to talk about - I guess
the quotes i mentioned are: Its better to ask for the earth than to take it showing capitalism is arguably ruining the world (summarised), he speaks carefully weightily and has a disconcerting habit of looking hard at the person he addressed before speaking - lexical field of size implys his words power to have the ability to burden the listener, the lighting should be pink and intimate until the inspector arrives and then it should be brighter and harder - he is shining a light on their moral crimes, juxtaposed pink and intimate with brighter and harder. You neednt give me any rope and i wouldnt know where to draw the line - both emphasise capitalism will eventually be held accountable for their moral crimes, dryly i dont play golf - heightens his intergrity , impression of massiveness and dark suit - conveys an aura of menace , adds to enigmatic character. make an example of the young man - rhetoric of echoing shows capitalists words and actions have consequences. overall my points were good but i dont know if my analysis was. Didnt include form or structure also and romeo and juliet totally messed up
Reply 66
Original post by anikamehra7
I guess you can't really classify whether an English paper is hard or not because it is quite subjective. I personally chose the relationships within a family question as opposed to the Inspector one because I found it slightly easier to talk about - I guess

Difficulty is in the eye of the beholder for many tests including those like mathematics and science where different people might find different concepts more difficult, although it is true that this does vary and subjectivity is definitely more of the case for arts and humanities. Some themes would have been a little trickier.

Anyway, at least it's over now.
Original post by Tolgarda
It is impossible to tell. The only thing we can say with some confidence is that if the second paper is of similar difficulty, the boundaries will increase.

Alright, thank you.
the quotes i mentioned are: Its better to ask for the earth than to take it showing capitalism is arguably ruining the world (summarised), he speaks carefully weightily and has a disconcerting habit of looking hard at the person he addressed before speaking - lexical field of size implys his words power to have the ability to burden the listener, the lighting should be pink and intimate until the inspector arrives and then it should be brighter and harder - he is shining a light on their moral crimes, juxtaposed pink and intimate with brighter and harder. You neednt give me any rope and i wouldnt know where to draw the line - both emphasise capitalism will eventually be held accountable for their moral crimes, dryly i dont play golf - heightens his intergrity , impression of massiveness and dark suit - conveys an aura of menace , adds to enigmatic character. make an example of the young man - rhetoric of echoing shows capitalists words and actions have consequences. overall my points were good but i dont know if my analysis was. Didnt include form or structure also and romeo and juliet totally messed up

With those kind of ideas, you should be fine, I’m sure you did well.
Reply 69
i agree it was easy in comparison to other eng lit questions but i just can’t do it english to save my life so i probs didn’t do too well
Did anyone do the crappy Macbeth question?
Original post by sashassk
Did anyone do the crappy Macbeth question?

Yes, I absolutely hate the porter with a vengeance. I had no idea about what to write for that extract although I think the essay part on evil was ok.
Original post by miss_IX
i agree it was easy in comparison to other eng lit questions but i just can’t do it english to save my life so i probs didn’t do too well

don't worry, you're not the only one who isn't that good at English lit, I'm hopeless at it. Just think, the more people who did badly, the lower the grade boundaries. Just think, there are no tiers for this exam so there is a wide range of abilities sitting this exam.

I'm sure you did alright though, good luck for paper 2.
I did Romeo & Juliet, an An Inspector Calls (The significance of the inspector question) and I found the paper really great. The fate question was perfect for me, as I find fate the easiest theme and memorised loads of quotes for it.
inspector calls i did 'pink and intimate to brighter and harder'
'women shouldnt be protected againts unpleasant things'
'millions and millions'

macbeth i did 'look like the innocent flower'
'take my milk for gall'
'so foul and fair a day i have not seen'
what the hell was that extract question it was so random !
Original post by Thehorsegal
Yes, I absolutely hate the porter with a vengeance. I had no idea about what to write for that extract although I think the essay part on evil was ok.
If anyone did Macbeth for this paper on the 15th may 2019 then I feel bad because I had to and it was painful.

paper 1 was a shambles for me due to poor time management and the fact that I revised last minute for the fourth damn time, I also did the inspector calls goole question which was 8) What were some of the ways the inspector was significant in the play? (Or some sh*t close to that), I didn't understand but assumed it was a character analysis question so I tried to write in everything in 20 minutes (poor time management) and flopped.

I got done dirty with Twelfth night.
how **** was that Macbeth question LMAO
I did
Inspector calls: Inspector question
"fire, blood and anguish"
"I don't play golf"
way that he exposes Birlings
"we are all members of one body"

Macbeth question a:
the porter is humorous
the porter is impatient ( this is probably wrong)

Macbeth question b:
"turn hellhound, turn"
importance of Seyton

I don't think I wrote enough for Macbeth, some of my Macbeth paragraphs weren't good. AIC went alright though, hopefully that makes up for it.

Latest

Trending

Trending