The Student Room Group

a levels are making my depression worse

heyy,

It's exam season now and I have revised but these long days of revision are making me feel low and upset. I already have depression but these past 8 weeks I've done the same **** "wake up, school, revise, go to sleep and repeat"

it seems like it's not ending and on top of this I don't think I'll get AAA anymore

I take breaks but I've been doing 9 hours each day and the only thing that makes me feel even a bit good is finishing my tasks

What can I do? :frown:
Too much revision is counterproductive. When you take a break how long are you taking and what are you doing in those breaks? Have you considered doing a form of exercise such as tennis, going on a walk or going to the gym? All are great stress relievers and will also improve your mood. Have you spoken to the school counsellor or pastoral support? They will be able to offer you better advice than we can on here. Good luck with your exams, you'll do amazing just try not to stress about it.
Reply 2
Original post by S1elyak1
Too much revision is counterproductive. When you take a break how long are you taking and what are you doing in those breaks? Have you considered doing a form of exercise such as tennis, going on a walk or going to the gym? All are great stress relievers and will also improve your mood. Have you spoken to the school counsellor or pastoral support? They will be able to offer you better advice than we can on here. Good luck with your exams, you'll do amazing just try not to stress about it.

I take breaks but they don't make me feel good tbh but 5-10 minutes each hour. Im on study leave and some of my teachers are on holiday for some reason and i don't know them that well

I'm getting my work done so it's not counterproductive but I feel really low everyday. Thanks and I really hope so :frown:
have a proper break as in a full day when you don't worry about your exams
Original post by angel.xo
I take breaks but they don't make me feel good tbh but 5-10 minutes each hour. Im on study leave and some of my teachers are on holiday for some reason and i don't know them that well

I'm getting my work done so it's not counterproductive but I feel really low everyday. Thanks and I really hope so :frown:

5-10 minutes is not enough, you definitely need to take a proper break. Your brain cannot process information for long periods of time therefore you are not taking in anything you have learnt. Try and take breaks outside of your room and house just so you can get a bit of fresh air which will help with your mood.

You might be getting your work done but it is messing with your mental health which is not productive
Reply 5
Original post by S1elyak1
5-10 minutes is not enough, you definitely need to take a proper break. Your brain cannot process information for long periods of time therefore you are not taking in anything you have learnt. Try and take breaks outside of your room and house just so you can get a bit of fresh air which will help with your mood.

You might be getting your work done but it is messing with your mental health which is not productive

if i dont finish my work and get bad grades it will make me more depressed. how long shall i take for my break?
Reply 6
Original post by Prussianxo
have a proper break as in a full day when you don't worry about your exams

i wish! my first exam is in 4 days so i cant
i wish! my first exam is in 4 days so i cant

do it in half term then you'll feel much more relaxed
if i dont finish my work and get bad grades it will make me more depressed. how long shall i take for my break?

But not taking a long enough break is going to negatively impact your grades too. 1 hour and then have shorter ones when necessary
You need to do other stuff. I'm doing loads of revision but still going out on occasion with my mates to stop me from going crazy. I also have depression so for me its the best thing to do and well medication if you are on it.
you want AAA but for what
Reply 11
Original post by steamed-hams
you want AAA but for what

wdm for what
for my firm uni.
wdm for what
for my firm uni.

uni admissions is just a bs game. ability to pay tuition trumps grades. thats why there is so many non eu international students these days cos they can bring top dollar to the table
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest