The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Porter scandal
Reply 81
The test was alright, but i think I should've wrote more
Original post by zara11413
what the hell was that extract question it was so random !

Ikr!! Our teacher said the porter wouldn’t appear!
Reply 83
****ing **** it was
Original post by sashassk
Did anyone do the crappy Macbeth question?

Original post by Thehorsegal
Ikr!! Our teacher said the porter wouldn’t appear!
Original post by fish finger fan
I did
Inspector calls: Inspector question
"fire, blood and anguish"
"I don't play golf"
way that he exposes Birlings
"we are all members of one body"

Macbeth question a:
the porter is humorous
the porter is impatient ( this is probably wrong)

Macbeth question b:
"turn hellhound, turn"
importance of Seyton

I don't think I wrote enough for Macbeth, some of my Macbeth paragraphs weren't good. AIC went alright though, hopefully that makes up for it.

I was about to write a whole paragraph on "we are all members of one body" but time just wasn't on my side I did "fire, blood and anguish", 'pink and intimate' and 'brighter and harder' i'm f*cked. As for my section A I had twelfth night so I was screwed regardless.
oh for macbeth i wrote about lady macbeth and how she’s evil af as well as macbeth and how at first macbeth isn’t evil but he is in the end and some stuff about the evil witches. i did like 4 pages for part B and 3 and a half for part A which was actual bullśhít. smfh.
Original post by fish finger fan
I did
Inspector calls: Inspector question
"fire, blood and anguish"
"I don't play golf"
way that he exposes Birlings
"we are all members of one body"

Macbeth question a:
the porter is humorous
the porter is impatient ( this is probably wrong)

Macbeth question b:
"turn hellhound, turn"
importance of Seyton

I don't think I wrote enough for Macbeth, some of my Macbeth paragraphs weren't good. AIC went alright though, hopefully that makes up for it.
part a meaning macbeth in total for a and b, and b meaning inspector calls right
Reply 87
Original post by AspiringAccount
I was about to write a whole paragraph on "we are all members of one body" but time just wasn't on my side I did "fire, blood and anguish", 'pink and intimate' and 'brighter and harder' i'm f*cked. As for my section A I had twelfth night so I was screwed regardless.

There's always a second paper to make up for any ground you feel you may have lost. Your points sound well. Please, do not fret over it because you have more papers coming up and it's definitely not over just yet. :smile:
I didn’t do edexcel what was the question?
Original post by youmumjeff
If anyone did Macbeth for this paper on the 15th may 2019 then I feel bad because I had to and it was painful.
Reply 89
Original post by Cov3rt
Porter scandal

Sounds like they did the Macbeth students pretty dirty. That's quite evil considering that they know its the most popular play lol.
Did anyone do the relationship between the Birling family for Inspector Calls?
I know a friend who did, they found it relatively easy however did not have much to write about in the time - wrote about a page and a half (i wrote 6 for inspector but my handwriting is quote big and spaced out and a probably waffled a lot) I was going to do that but the way i memorised by quotes was by character and theme - you could give me a character and i could name the quotes for them i memorised and i just thought it would take too long of my time for me to think about quotes from four different people and try and link them together.
Original post by mollyalison
(edited 4 years ago)
is there a paper 2 thread anywhere or will it stay this one?
Original post by AspiringAccount
paper 1 was a shambles for me due to poor time management and the fact that I revised last minute for the fourth damn time, I also did the inspector calls goole question which was 8) What were some of the ways the inspector was significant in the play? (Or some sh*t close to that), I didn't understand but assumed it was a character analysis question so I tried to write in everything in 20 minutes (poor time management) and flopped.

I got done dirty with Twelfth night.

honestly i agree with the timings. the ‘main’ invigilator in my hall was really mean and stopped us half way through to explain the fact there was difference sections for part a and b? he spent about ten minutes getting everyone to look through their booklets and didnt add any extra time! As well I am in Year 10, my school puts year 10s through for english lit as there only exam this year (minus my business) so this was my first exam ever experienced! we did a poetry mock, thats it nothing for the other plays ect but it was a ‘walking talking mock” whereby people were aloud to talk and ask the teachers questions - mainly it was to just get the seating plan and idea
Yes! Finally someone I can discuss this question with!!! I talked about Birling's relationship with Eric and how Birling is antagonised to repel the audience from his capitalist ideologies, I then explored his relationship with Sheila and how she was a pawn to enrich his social and economic status. Then the disparity between Mr and Mrs Birling and how 1945 was during the suffragette movement etc...Finally I ended with how disjointed their family was as a whole and that was a microcosm for society.
Original post by mollyalison
By the way, in the exam I didn't know how to show where my answer for part B started, so I just wrote Part B and continued (I am talking about Romeo and Juliet part B) - is that an issue?
Original post by Tolgarda
There's always a second paper to make up for any ground you feel you may have lost. Your points sound well. Please, do not fret over it because you have more papers coming up and it's definitely not over just yet. :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by katiedoighty2003
is there a paper 2 thread anywhere or will it stay this one?

Yes, there is a paper two thread. This is the paper two thread (created by yours truly lol):

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5896242
Reply 97
Original post by anikamehra7
By the way, in the exam I didn't know how to show where my answer for part B started, so I just wrote Part B and continued (I am talking about Romeo and Juliet part B) - is that an issue?

As far as I'm concerned, you are definitely fine.
what you did is correct. dont worry i did the exact same!

how did you shows fate's importance in the play?
Original post by anikamehra7
Original post by Cool2525
I didn’t do edexcel what was the question?

the extract was the porter scene that my ****ing teacher told me was irrelevent

Latest

Trending

Trending