The Student Room Group

Head girl interview today!!!

After school is my second head girl interview. I have already had the first one a week ago today. But now my second one is here.

I wrote my application over the Easter holidays and handed it in on the first day back. I was really happy with it.

Then I went into my first interview; this was with the head of ambassadors (prefects) and the current head boy. It was more of a friendly chat than an interview as I have already been an ambassador for a year now, they know me really well. It went really really well and they said how impressed they were with my improvements this year.

Today, however, is meant to be one of the hardest interviews of my life. It will be with the head of ambassadors, head of my year and head teacher. We have had to make a 10-minute presentation on how we would develop our role as a head girl this will be followed by a 15-minute interview.

I have wanted to be Head Girl for as long as I can remember. My biggest issue is, one of my best friends is going for the role too. What is going to happen if one of us gets it over the other???. We are not very similar so I don't think that she would react the same way as me in this kind of situation. The other issue is that one of my other best friends is her boyfriend and I know that it sounds attention seeking but if I was to get the role over her. All everyone will be doing would be comforting her and ignoring me. And if the opposite happens, everyone will be congratulating her and ignoring me.

Has anyone got any advice??? We are meant to find out who got head girl, head boy, deputies and ambassadors by the end of the week.

Thank you so much Xx
Just focus on yourself, make your interview the best it can be then deal with the aftermath. Good luck!
Just be happy for them if they get it and vice versa. You're going to run into situations like this constantly in life, you just need to bite back any disappointment/jealousy and sincerrly congratulate them.
Original post by Sophie Plant
After school is my second head girl interview. I have already had the first one a week ago today. But now my second one is here.

I wrote my application over the Easter holidays and handed it in on the first day back. I was really happy with it.

Then I went into my first interview; this was with the head of ambassadors (prefects) and the current head boy. It was more of a friendly chat than an interview as I have already been an ambassador for a year now, they know me really well. It went really really well and they said how impressed they were with my improvements this year.

Today, however, is meant to be one of the hardest interviews of my life. It will be with the head of ambassadors, head of my year and head teacher. We have had to make a 10-minute presentation on how we would develop our role as a head girl this will be followed by a 15-minute interview.

I have wanted to be Head Girl for as long as I can remember. My biggest issue is, one of my best friends is going for the role too. What is going to happen if one of us gets it over the other???. We are not very similar so I don't think that she would react the same way as me in this kind of situation. The other issue is that one of my other best friends is her boyfriend and I know that it sounds attention seeking but if I was to get the role over her. All everyone will be doing would be comforting her and ignoring me. And if the opposite happens, everyone will be congratulating her and ignoring me.

Has anyone got any advice??? We are meant to find out who got head girl, head boy, deputies and ambassadors by the end of the week.

Thank you so much Xx

How did u get on?
She got head girl. I got nothing, not even deputy.

Original post by Skycloud
How did u get on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending