The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry May 16th 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

How do i do the last row on this question then?
Photo on 15-05-2019 at 17.39.jpg
Original post by Neverspark7776
You sort of can't... it's the easiest way. If it has a hydrogen or hydroxide group it's likely acidic - e.g water is made up of 1 hydrogen group and 1 hydroxide group so it's neutral. The only other universal way is using indicators in an experimental setting - universal indicator, indicator paper, phenolphthalein and methyl orange etc otherwise you begin to do specific tests to find out whether it reacts with acid or base or not.
Reply 21
I think most non-metal oxides are acidic, but metal oxides are bases
Original post by justyouravgkid
How do i do the last row on this question then?
Photo on 15-05-2019 at 17.39.jpg
thank you
Original post by K4IT4N
I think most non-metal oxides are acidic, but metal oxides are bases
The worse thing that could come up is cracking and fractional distillation for crude oil and COMBUSTION! I don't understand.
(edited 4 years ago)
@Evil Homer - add this to chat thread for GCSE exams please? Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry :smile:
isnt electrolysis paper 2???
Original post by SkaterMater
isnt electrolysis paper 2???

yeh it is dw...but better to know its concept b4 doing paper 1...it really is up to u...ive done my Bio paper yesterday.. n it was like totally different from wat they used to make...the paper was more about general knowledge of Bio more than actually remembering...i feel like for this chemistry paper it should be the same... itll test ur general chemistry skills...so remembering 1 lesson that'll consume most of ur time wont be worth...skip electrolysis do the other stuff that doesnt say chemistry only
Original post by sothap
hey.which xul are you from?

if u meant school i go to a school in an Asian 3rd world country known as Sri Lanka
Tamils are beasts boi
Original post by Underdog...
if u meant school i go to a school in an Asian 3rd world country known as Sri Lanka
The worse thing that could come up is cracking and fractional distillation for crude oil and COMBUSTION! I don't understand.

i recommend you watch khan academy on youtube...his videos helped me in my difficult understanding of some topics...type in the topic on youtube in his channel and u shud see ur problem being solved in just 6-10 mins...i also recommend u to not try to remember it but to understand it...like i said defenitly general knowledge chem paper...
lol here taking my edexcel igcse chemistry tmr too... kinda worried tbh
Reply 31
predictions for any 6 markers?
omg i used to go to an international school in sri Lanka but i moved back to the uk cause it wasn't great, (I went to Leeds international school which was changed to the international school`) but im doing igcse and am freakimg out
anyone has like a list or notes on extraction, enthalpy and calculation? like a cheat sheet
These are all on paper 2, so aren't until 12th June 2019 :smile: So you still have a while to catch up!!
Uhhhhhh no they're not. Well not according to the CGP Book.

Original post by Cassie3535
These are all on paper 2, so aren't until 12th June 2019 :smile: So you still have a while to catch up!!
thank you!!
i recommend you watch khan academy on youtube...his videos helped me in my difficult understanding of some topics...type in the topic on youtube in his channel and u shud see ur problem being solved in just 6-10 mins...i also recommend u to not try to remember it but to understand it...like i said defenitly general knowledge chem paper...
In the CP GCSE Chemistry for edexcel book. Cracking is page 90, topic 8. Fractional Distillation is page 87. topic 8. And combustion of alcohols is page 104, topic 9. Paper 2 covers topics 1,6,7,8 and 9.
I got an A* at gcse and do a level Chen if anyone wants help or revision tips 😁
they are definitely paper 1 and it comes up almost every year https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/Chemistry/2017/specification-and-sample-assessments/international-gcse-Chemistry-2017-specification1.pdf

Original post by Cassie3535
In the CP GCSE Chemistry for edexcel book. Cracking is page 90, topic 8. Fractional Distillation is page 87. topic 8. And combustion of alcohols is page 104, topic 9. Paper 2 covers topics 1,6,7,8 and 9.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending