The Student Room Group

MSc Conditional Offer

Hello, I have received conditional offers of the postgraduate programme. It requires to have a 2:1 to meet the conditional. However, I am quite nervous and worried that I could not meet the offer as my grade right now is quite marginal or even worse, i.e. drop to 2:2, after the final exam in my FInal Year.

Would the university still consider to accept my application?
FYI, my final grade may result in a high 2:2, only less than 5% to achieve 2:1.
Depends on a number of things. Focus on getting the best possible grade now and when you get your results talk to the uni.
Original post by wilsoncth
Hello, I have received conditional offers of the postgraduate programme. It requires to have a 2:1 to meet the conditional. However, I am quite nervous and worried that I could not meet the offer as my grade right now is quite marginal or even worse, i.e. drop to 2:2, after the final exam in my FInal Year.

Would the university still consider to accept my application?
FYI, my final grade may result in a high 2:2, only less than 5% to achieve 2:1.
I am in a similar predicament. I would just focus on your final exam and do the best that you can. If you get your results and you still don't get a 2:1 I would just talk to the uni/admissions to see if they will still accept you with a 2:2, perhaps they might be lenient if you just missed the grade by a fraction.
Reply 3
Thanks, I have met the conditions eventually. and now proceeding to another struggle.. which is the withdrawal of other less favoured offers
Original post by alleycat393
Depends on a number of things. Focus on getting the best possible grade now and when you get your results talk to the uni.
Reply 4
Thanks, I finally meet the conditions
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I am in a similar predicament. I would just focus on your final exam and do the best that you can. If you get your results and you still don't get a 2:1 I would just talk to the uni/admissions to see if they will still accept you with a 2:2, perhaps they might be lenient if you just missed the grade by a fraction.
Well done! Unis are very used to this and have plenty of applicants so won't be too bothered. Good luck!
Original post by wilsoncth
Thanks, I have met the conditions eventually. and now proceeding to another struggle.. which is the withdrawal of other less favoured offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending