The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE English Literature 2019

Scroll to see replies

how was it for you?
Original post by tpottage
It was about a cottage by a man called Brian Patton.
Reply 21
What did people compare with Blessing?
war photographer
Original post by evh11
unseen was so hard don’t u guys agree
It was so so difficult don’t u guys think?
Original post by sothap
how was it for you?
Bloody hard right?
Reply 26
Half past two
Original post by sothap
war photographer
Hide and seek
Original post by evh11
Tyger v Blessing :frown: do not do it

Not a good comparison trust me cos no similar themes and no "one moment" like the question stated. i panicked lol. I bet the marker is gonna laugh when they see what rubbish i wrote, so note: do not compare blessing and Tyger, IT DOESNT WORK ! I think im probs the only one in the country who did this cos im an idiot but
Original post by evh11
bad, it was a hard unseen and i ddint realise what it was about until id finished my essay on it

also the question asked for presentation of inhabitants and cottage, and stupid me only wrote on the woman and the animals....soo.....
lucky TKAM was better
Original post by sothap
how was it for you?
Reply 30
I was about to do it, and talk about power until I saw the "one moment" thing and I decided to do the other question instead
Original post by jayjayhilts
Tyger v Blessing :frown: do not do it

Not a good comparison trust me cos no similar themes and no "one moment" like the question stated. i panicked lol. I bet the marker is gonna laugh when they see what rubbish i wrote, so note: do not compare blessing and Tyger, IT DOESNT WORK ! I think im probs the only one in the country who did this cos im an idiot but
Reply 31
Original post by sothap
how was it for you?

It was alright, though the unseen poem threw me off a little bit - I mentioned stuff to do with the 'tragedy' in the beginning, random stuff about the 'inhabitants' and it was generally a bit of a struggle - the anthology was alright - the closed book question was okay i suppose lol i should've written more, hope it was okay for everyone else!
@Evil Homer - add to list for Edexcel IGCSE Eng Lit please? :smile:
Hi everyone,

i obvs took my eng ,it today and i found it really tough. The unseen poem was really hard i thought. For the poetry comparison i did blessing and do not go gentle. Looking at your replies, i feel i should have done war photographer or the tyger but i thought that do not go gentle may have been about thomas being in the moment with his father. i have no clue. for the OMAM i did george as it looked the most easiest haha. Lets hope we dont get too thrown for the mod drama and lit heritage! Would it be possible to be added into the chat? thanks guys!
yep I defo failed
Original post by milly_rae
Bloody hard right?
Original post by beccie1322127
Found unseen poem rally hard to be honest, feel like I wrote a load of rubbish. Poems I did Blessing and war photographer and think I did alright but thinking back does it matter if I didn't take about the effect on the reader? I more concentrated on the meaning and message of the poem? And lastly I did of mice and men on George, I didn't like the look of the other question so settled for George but don't think I wandered it very well soooooo could go either way

i did things fall apart but could not finish and didnt have time soo...it was bad
Reply 36
god I thought the unseen was good until now. I think Must have been delirious. I just rambled on about nothing lol and didn't structure well at all. And with prayer before birth and half caste I said hardly anything about the latter.
anybody do the whale rider??
Any predictions for Macbeth? (Previous questions):

Character:

- ‘The witches are to blame for Duncan’s murder.
- Explore the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
- How does Shakespeare present two morally good characters in this play?

Themes:

- How is evil presented in Macbeth?
- In what ways does Shakespeare present Macbeth’s conscience in this play?
- Explore Shakespeare’s presentation of fear in Macbeth
Does anyone know what the questions were for the sample material and the jan 2019 iteration?
Y didn't you go for the coursework option for Macbeth?
Original post by Outdoor_films
Any predictions for Macbeth? (Previous questions):

Character:

- ‘The witches are to blame for Duncan’s murder.
- Explore the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
- How does Shakespeare present two morally good characters in this play?

Themes:

- How is evil presented in Macbeth?
- In what ways does Shakespeare present Macbeth’s conscience in this play?
- Explore Shakespeare’s presentation of fear in Macbeth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending