The Student Room Group

GCSE English Lit AQA grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

It’s only literature you need language not literature
Original post by rrrude
I feel u <3
Reply 21
Grade boundaries are going to be high, I feel like I aced the test (Macbeth and A Christmas Carol), especially the Macbeth question, and I'm the type of kid that played fortnite the morning before the exam
I feel like the exam questions were really not that bad but all of my analysis and like top grade stuff was not in the essay. I was aiming for like a grade 8 but I don’t think that’s happening anymore.
Everyone’s is so clever this year, nationally. You guys just heightened the grade boundaries to another level.
Reply 24
Suspiciously easy tbh I think the grade boundaries will end up being rly high
truthfully what grade will i get
i do macbeth and jekyll and hyde
(sorry for so many typos and spelling mistakes i have to revise for a chemi exam so did it quickly thanks in advance) <3

Introduction: Macbeth is portayed as i a violent character and it is his strongest strength but through manipulation it turns into his weakest weakness

Paragraph on: useame knave to chops talked about how it is figarative and its very violent gave an alternatative view of unseaming meaning to tear apart as in clothing and said he tears apart reputation, respect and power of macdonwald

paragraph on valours minion carved a passage talked about who he enslaved his sword thorugh the word minion, talked about valor as brave and reflects macbeth and then carved suggest physical intent and how he was callous/ruthless and then gave alternative view saying carving suggest arts and skill suggests violence is a skill and a strong trait of macbeth

Then paragraph on how he is manipulated through his excessive vilence to think he is powerful to take on the great chaiin of beings (only way i could have context) and quote "great neptne water wash blood" (forgot actually words now xD) and said blood refers to violence and how this is a glimpse of macbeth without violence in his life and him speaking from heart. water refers to purity and he realises know matter what occurs he is stuck with viloence

Then paragraph on full of scoprpoions in the mind talked about scorbions in african culture as chooser of life and death and then talked about how they have bad eye sight and how macbeth cant see the bad he is doing. (bit more context) also talked about how scorpions have posioness stingers and how his violence has posioned everythign and eventully posions himself

Conclusion that macbeth's violence was the root cause of his downfall and not withces lady macbeth or anything else.
Reply 26
Original post by warriors
first para Romeo and juliet i talked about the sonnet and the semantic field of both the physical and religous combining. i also talked about shakespeare giving juliet a reply unlike other 16th century novel which show a greater sense of feminine power.
next para i talked about romeos unrequited love for juliet in contrast to his love for juliet.
final para i discussed the balcony scene.

can someone please tell me if this content and structure is alright for the question

Think you meant Rosaline not Juliet lol
But yeah that sounds about right
Did you add context and stuff?
yeah i did mean Rosaline lol and yeah i added context thanks.
Wait does anyone know what the grade boundaries actually are?
Reply 29
Original post by natashadavis
Wait does anyone know what the grade boundaries actually are?

Not yet but you’ll probably be able to find some unofficial ones on Twitter/ here somewhere
Obvs for English it’s a bit hard to predict the garde boundaries considering everyone’s written different things
In English literature I wrote about Romeo relationship with Juliet is strong as he states o she doth teaches the torches to burn bright and analysed it proper and I also wrote about how friar believes the relationship between Romeo and Juliet is inevitable! Will this get me in band 5 ( grade 6-7)
Omg i just realised aswell i was wondering why i was finding it so difficult to come up with strong points its because his violence is driven by manipulation ambition and greed.UGHHHHHHHHHHHH im so pressed i might aswell say goodbye to my grade 6/7
Original post by Wonyo
i get 8/9s but the macbeth question was “how far” and i read it as “how” i only barely included him as anything but violent... :frown: idk if i would lose marks but i just said he was very violent, he solved every problem with violence (killing people if they got in the way) i said why he was violent and why he was influenced but now i dunno if i’ll lose marks :frown:
Reply 32
I never realised how many people actually do other texts like Romeo and Juliet (my school only does Macbeth and then either Jekyll and Hyde or pride and prejudice!
Reply 33
Need to forget about the English and think about he chemistry now lolololololol
I wrote about how lady Macbeth encourages the violence within him however the elizabethans would still classify Macbeth as violent because he planned to kill Duncan in the fiery place, regardless of second thoughts??
Original post by tamilore11
I said he was aggresive and brave as he is fighting for his country but as the play the progresses the intention behind the violence differs

Original post by tamilore11
"Unseamednfrom the have to the chops'' and ''sword his wife his babes and all unfortunate souls""
Reply 35
Sameeeee
Original post by Jessica1216
I wrote about how lady Macbeth encourages the violence within him however the elizabethans would still classify Macbeth as violent because he planned to kill Duncan in the fiery place, regardless of second thoughts??
Guys my intro:
Something about violence being a fluid status that can easily fade away...and how it incorporates physical as well as metaphorical means.....and somehow linked it to Jacobean era, macbeth and shakespeare

Does that even make sense:frown:.....cuz I'm aiming for a 7!!
Reply 37
What???!
Reply 38
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Guys my intro:
Something about violence being a fluid status that can easily fade away...and how it incorporates physical as well as metaphorical means.....and somehow linked it to Jacobean era, macbeth and shakespeare

Does that even make sense:frown:.....cuz I'm aiming for a 7

You used big words tho??!
Original post by Wonyo
i get 8/9s but the macbeth question was “how far” and i read it as “how” i only barely included him as anything but violent... :frown: idk if i would lose marks but i just said he was very violent, he solved every problem with violence (killing people if they got in the way) i said why he was violent and why he was influenced but now i dunno if i’ll lose marks :frown:

Pretty much the same here struggled to give anything that wasn’t related to violence for the part asking about the whole play!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending