The Student Room Group

I’ve failed😭

So today’s exama aqa everyone is saying is easy I thought the Macbeth question was so hard😭How many marks do you think I’ll need to pass paper 2?

Scroll to see replies

OOHHHHH I HATED that exam
but everyone in my school was like "that was so easy" but i literally started crying after the exam"
so what im doing is thinking i got aroubd 15 marks in both section A and B
30 marks - paper1
grade boundaries for last years

135 120 106 91 76 61 45 29 14
so to get a 4 you need 31 more marks
to get 5 you need 46
6 you need 61
hope this helps xx
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I’m hoping I feel like the grade boundaries are going to be wayyy higher😕
Original post by saffie2003
but everyone in my school was like "that was so easy" but i literally started crying after the exam"
30 marks - paper1

to get 5 you need 46
6 you need 61
hope this helps xx
If it's any consolidation, I thought my macbeth paper was awful, and I didn't even properly finish it and I ended up getting a high grade in english, So I would say theres a high change you'll be surprised on how you did, so don't fret over it too much
Reply 4
I’m really hoping I at least get a 4 but I really don’t it I feel like that was the hardest question I’ve ever answered😭x

Original post by silverdeath
If it's any consolidation, I thought my macbeth paper was awful, and I didn't even properly finish it and I ended up getting a high grade in english, So I would say theres a high change you'll be surprised on how you did, so don't fret over it too much
30 marks - paper1

to get 5 you need 46
6 you need 61
hope this helps xx

I am honestly on the same boat. I literally have tear stains all over my test...
Reply 6
I didn’t cry until after the exams when I heard what everyone else was saying 😕
Original post by Porridge_Spoon
I am honestly on the same boat. I literally have tear stains all over my test...
Reply 7
I did Romeo and Juliet with Jekyll and Hyde and I hated it 😭 I’m usually passing but I think I probably got a 2 😭 honestly don’t know what to do with myself
You won't care about this exam in 10 years time.
i think on results day we should all post our actually results for english literature ans compare results form what we thought we would get.
but we also have animal farm (or another book for anyone else) and poetry which can bring UP our grade not down
i found macbeth and jekyll and hyde questions reasonable in a way but yet i still struggles....stop thinking about it you are straining yourself by the past...let go...relax and concentrate on your other subjects as we have chemistry tomorrow so we need to focus on that....dont worry bout a thing cos every little thing is gonna be alright....<3 xxxx
Reply 11
I just don’t want to pass but I don’t think I’m going to😕
Original post by arieslover
i found macbeth and jekyll and hyde questions reasonable in a way but yet i still struggles....stop thinking about it you are straining yourself by the past...let go...relax and concentrate on your other subjects as we have chemistry tomorrow so we need to focus on that....dont worry bout a thing cos every little thing is gonna be alright....<3 xxxx
Reply 12
I’m really hoping I do well on that😥
i think on results day we should all post our actually results for english literature ans compare results form what we thought we would get.
but we also have animal farm (or another book for anyone else) and poetry which can bring UP our grade not down
Reply 13
Remember Paper 1 for English Lit is only 40% of your final Literature grade, it may seem like a lot but you can definitely pull yourself up for Paper 2, as it’s 60%. So revise hard for it next week!
Reply 14
I am doing it just sucks because I revised a lot for today’s paper and I had no idea what to write😕 I’m hoping I can answer the next paper well😅
Original post by Wonyo
Remember Paper 1 for English Lit is only 40% of your final Literature grade, it may seem like a lot but you can definitely pull yourself up for Paper 2, as it’s 60%. So revise hard for it next week!
Original post by Alexavyv
I did Romeo and Juliet with Jekyll and Hyde and I hated it 😭 I’m usually passing but I think I probably got a 2 😭 honestly don’t know what to do with myself

I did Romeo and Juliet with Christmas Carol, and I hated it. Even though the questions were straight forward, it added additional pressure to find so many quotes.
I cried at home lol
Original post by Jasmine_x
I didn’t cry until after the exams when I heard what everyone else was saying 😕
yep so true we need to do 4 question which is so flipping annoying arrggghhh...but we can do it guys...come on xxx
Original post by Wonyo
i swear romeo juliet question was on about how love or romance presented in the extracted....i looked at the question for 30 sec for some reason and looked at the quotes and began linking them what the actual hell...lol...there is something wrong in my stupid little head!!!! right now me thinking about this is actually making me laugh....but at least now i know i can link quotes with references....hahahahahaha xxx
Original post by Saverah
I did Romeo and Juliet with Christmas Carol, and I hated it. Even though the questions were straight forward, it added additional pressure to find so many quotes.
You're lucky. I spent so much time on Romeo and Juliet, that I flopped A Christmas Carol
Original post by arieslover
i swear romeo juliet question was on about how love or romance presented in the extracted....i looked at the question for 30 sec for some reason and looked at the quotes and began linking them what the actual hell...lol...there is something wrong in my stupid little head!!!! right now me thinking about this is actually making me laugh....but at least now i know i can link quotes with references....hahahahahaha xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending