The Student Room Group

What would you rather?

What would you rather:

1. Advice from people who always got top grades but lack passion in any subject,

Or,

2. Advice from people who never got top grades but suddenly started working hard, worked their way up and started achieving high near the end because they had a true passion.

May seem like an easy choice but not when you really think about it...

Want to know your opinions :smile:

Scroll to see replies

2 obviously. passion = understanding
dont want advice from someone who spends their whole life revising in their bedroom lol
Reply 2
Original post by Gent2324
dont want advice from someone who spends their whole life revising in their bedroom lol

So you want advice from a retard who knows nothing?
the latter one since you get passionate as well by listening to him.

Original post by ErinaNakiri78
What would you rather:

1. Advice from people who always got top grades but lack passion in any subject,

Or,

2. Advice from people who never got top grades but suddenly started working hard, worked their way up and started achieving high near the end because they had a true passion.

2 definitely
just ignore @Boplop hes a troll
Original post by Gent2324

I agree with you tbh :smile: and it also really motivated me to do what I really want to do because they are basically saying it’s never too late which is true :smile:

I never achieved the highest of grades they were always very mediocre and I know what I want to do and this year I am really trying, working hard and it is paying off. I never got motivated by people who always got A* because I feel all they have is that they can memorise things well, they can’t create their own ideas.
this fits the description of my two frineds.

1 has photographic memory and was smart af since year 7(smartest in the year)
the other one was bottom set and failed his sats. then worked hard from year 9/10 and is now second smartest
Original post by Rid The Kid
this fits the description of my two frineds.

1 has photographic memory and was smart af since year 7(smartest in the year)
the other one was bottom set and failed his sats. then worked hard from year 9/10 and is now second smartest

Oh cool :smile:
So who did you feel motivated you more?
Definitely the second one
Oh cool :smile:
So who did you feel motivated you more?

i ask them both for help all the time. i think both because i want to be on their level and the second 1 is in my form so we test each other ect.
Reply 11
Second one
Also I never see a lot of people who are like the second one, especially on tsr.
Most of the people I see on here are like ‘I got 9’s on everything AMA’. It really isn’t the type of person I look up to. I look up to someone who failed GCSEs realised what they want after, then got top A Level grades.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
2 definitely

:biggrin: hello tsr friend 😂
Reply 14
Also I never see a lot of people who are like the second one, especially on tsr.
Most of the people I see on here are like ‘I got 9’s on everything AMA’. It really isn’t the type of person I look up to. I look up to someone who failed GCSEs realised what they want after, then got top A Level grades.

I bombed my A-Levels and now have a PhD.
:biggrin: hello tsr friend 😂

Hello der :ciao:
Id get advice from someone like myself.. who does both 1 and 2 mushed together lol... I work hard and achieve top grades because I'm passionate about my subjects.. and that's my motivation 😋😊
What would you rather:

Or,

Original post by gjd800
I bombed my A-Levels and now have a PhD.

Wow really!?! That’s impressive!! So what motivated you? :smile:
Reply 18
Wow really!?! That’s impressive!! So what motivated you? :smile:

Yeah. I was sick of working crap jobs so thought I'd go do a degree to improve my prospects. Got in because I was 'mature' and had lived a bit, so my grades weren't really a hindrance. Opted for philosophy (was already interested in some of the Indian stuff), found out that I was good at it, and here I am.
Dunno.

Quick Reply

Latest