The Student Room Group

romeo and juliet feedback please

during my essay one quote i used was juliet says ' whats in a name' i said this shows her maturity for a girl of young age. i also said that if older characters displayed such maturity the conflict would come to an end. finally i said shakespeare is suggesting that if people looked at each other beyond labels and appearance prejudices views would come to an end. my friend said i wouldn't get any marks for this as i dont include romeo. what do you guys think?
Reply 1
Well, the questions was about Romeo and Juliet's relationship so if you haven't directly referred to that then you're at risk of losing marks, certainly.
Original post by warriors
during my essay one quote i used was juliet says ' whats in a name' i said this shows her maturity for a girl of young age. i also said that if older characters displayed such maturity the conflict would come to an end. finally i said shakespeare is suggesting that if people looked at each other beyond labels and appearance prejudices views would come to an end. my friend said i wouldn't get any marks for this as i dont include romeo. what do you guys think?

After reading what you wrote it seems to me that you have gone off topic cuz the question was about the relationship between Romeo and Juliet. What you wrote doesn't really link in to their relationship.
Reply 3
i did refer to it with a quote before in the same paragraph. i used'wherefore art thou romeo' so is that fine then
Reply 4
in the paragraph i was trying to indicate that juliet was much more cautious about their love than romeo. i was also showing her wisdom and maturity in contrast to romeo. would i gain any marks or not.
Reply 5
If you've written about their relationship then you've responded to the task and you'll be rewarded accordingly.
i did refer to it with a quote before in the same paragraph. i used'wherefore art thou romeo' so is that fine then
Reply 6
Spent more time on Romeo and Juliet, then A Christmas Carol.
Reply 7
oh god. does this mean my chances of getting a grade 8 are finished?
Reply 8
you can still get a grade 9 don't worry about it! x
oh god. does this mean my chances of getting a grade 8 are finished?
what quotes did everyone use from the rest of the play?

Reply 10
thanks
I used my love is as boundless as waves or something like that. Thus with a kiss I die. O serpent heart with a flow'ring face. I don't remember the rest

Original post by millykate
As tempting as it is, I'd avoid dwelling on what you did in the exam after it's done, or asking what other people did, because there's simply no point - it's done and in the past. I'd be focusing on the exams you have left - they're still to come and you CAN change them!
Reply 13
Original post by millykate

I put that Juliet was loyal in her relationship with Romeo. She cuts ties with the Nurse, who has been friends with her for her entire life, saying "Thou and my bosom henceforth shall be twain". I also mentioned Juliet's use of oxymorons, "serpent heart", which shows her confusion after hearing Romeo killed Tybalt, but she still trusts in Romeo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending