The Student Room Group

Edexcel psychology alevel predictions 2019

Anyone’s predictions for the psychology papers? I’m thinking something to do with contemporary studies and possibly Milgram.

Scroll to see replies

what kind of issues and debates questions do you guys think would come up for paper 1?
possibly classic and contemporary studies because non of them came up last year??
Original post by Kazzchx
Anyone’s predictions for the psychology papers? I’m thinking something to do with contemporary studies and possibly Milgram.
Reply 3
Original post by queenbee2001
what kind of issues and debates questions do you guys think would come up for paper 1?

I get the feeling it might be something overtime?
ahh id really be stuck on that :frown:
Original post by Kazzchx
I get the feeling it might be something overtime?
have you got any kind of plan for that?
ahh id really be stuck on that :frown:
Reply 6
Need some quick tips before the biology paper 1 exam tommorow! Anyone here that can help me out! Thanks for reading
Reply 7
I guess you could say something like psychology has changed overtime as before lots of unethical experiments were done (e.g Watson and rayner) and now we have more ethical experiments like baddleys study as guidelines were developed over time? Not too sure just an idea x
have you got any kind of plan for that?
Reply 8
I'm thinking these could be possible 8 markers:
obedience theories - either agency theory or social impact theory
evaluate case studies
evaluate long term memory or scenario
correlations
evaluate the evolutionary explanation to explain human behaviour
recreational drugs
practical or ethical issues using animals in psychological research
any of the contemporary studies
Original post by Kazzchx
Reply 9
i really hope it's the science one
Hey, for paper 2,I think Carlson could come up as he hasn't come up yet. For Paper 1,possibly an evaluate on Milgram's variations?
Original post by Kazzchx
How are you all revising for the Issues and Debates Section?Culture and gender bias is possible? ~ because of Sherif,Barlett etc ?:confused:
(edited 4 years ago)
i’m thinking bandura
same
Original post by sophia.chlo
i’m thinking bandura
Reply 14
Original post by martixo
I'm thinking these could be possible 8 markers:
obedience theories - either agency theory or social impact theory
evaluate case studies
evaluate long term memory or scenario
correlations
evaluate the evolutionary explanation to explain human behaviour
recreational drugs
practical or ethical issues using animals in psychological research
any of the contemporary studies

Ahhh thank you!!
Original post by Kazzchx
I guess you could say something like psychology has changed overtime as before lots of unethical experiments were done (e.g Watson and rayner) and now we have more ethical experiments like baddleys study as guidelines were developed over time? Not too sure just an idea x

you could also mention something along the lines of the fact that over time psychology has split into different branches e.g. from freuds unscientific methods, to biological- the most scientific method which shows how we are getting closer to becoming a true science (ignoring the split part of it). and how methods are being more refined e.g. brain scans rather than assumptions
Original post by martixo
i really hope it's the science one

i think that came up on the 2017 paper so i doubt it, probably could be an 8 marker though
thanks
Original post by DarkLink
you could also mention something along the lines of the fact that over time psychology has split into different branches e.g. from freuds unscientific methods, to biological- the most scientific method which shows how we are getting closer to becoming a true science (ignoring the split part of it). and how methods are being more refined e.g. brain scans rather than assumptions
Original post by NanaA23432
How are you all revising for the Issues and Debates Section?Culture and gender bias is possible? ~ because of Sherif,Barlett etc ?:confused:

Sherif (just boys)
Bartlett's reconstructive memory states that schemas are packets of information that are formed due to experience - link to culture as different cultures can have different expectations and so different schemes towards something..? could maybe talk about ppl having different and separate lives so would form different schemas
obedience eg: females being more reluctant to continue (blass) Killham and mann ordering and administrating shocks found gender differences
personality having an effect on a persons level of obedience could bring in elms who was an assistant of Milgram and measured the participants personality
Milgram carried out the study first with all men and then repeated his study using females as well and found similar results compare to burger?
Bandura study found that boys were more physical and girls were more social could be linked to culture as it may be a cultural norm for girls to be more social and less active than boys. (boys seen as more powerful?)
My school already did a level psychology I'm at IGCSE
Edexcel
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending