The Student Room Group

GCSE aqa English Lit paper 1

do you have to use the extract when answering the question? so like do you have to include quotes from the extract in your answer or can you just completely disregard the extract?
its recommend that you use the extract as it says it in the question but I'm sure if you've used sufficient evidence from other parts of the play it done but you won't get all the marks :smile:

Original post by allenslegacy
do you have to use the extract when answering the question? so like do you have to include quotes from the extract in your answer or can you just completely disregard the extract?
Reply 2
obviously if it says you must refer to the extract then you must refer to the extract...
Reply 3
the bullet points do say that you have to present your ideas in regards to that extract and the rest of the novella/play, however it doesn’t say how much you need to use, so as long as you’ve referenced it a decent amount you’re fine
Original post by abbasgg8
obviously if it says you must refer to the extract then you must refer to the extract...

im so dumb omg i thought we didnt need to use it so i just talked about other things oh my god
I literally didn't reference it at all for section B oh my god im so dumb I thought I was being smart by using my own quotes but obviously not
Original post by Wonyo
the bullet points do say that you have to present your ideas in regards to that extract and the rest of the novella/play, however it doesn’t say how much you need to use, so as long as you’ve referenced it a decent amount you’re fine
wait, I kinda did reference the extract but I didn't write like "this quote from the extract" or anything like that. I just portrayed some of the views that can be observed when reading the extract, but I linked them to other parts of the play instead of the extract. honestly I was just being dumb and I cant believe I did that. ugh.
Original post by allenslegacy
I literally didn't reference it at all for section B oh my god im so dumb I thought I was being smart by using my own quotes but obviously not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending