The Student Room Group

Computer Science GCSE

The exam is tomorrow guys, I hope you guys do well and I hope the paper is not too hard, because otherwise I won't be getting a 5.

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to you too! I just hope all of the programming doesn't trip me up ahhhhh
Reply 2
I'm not good at programming. I would be if I practised, but I get demotivated when I get such silly mistakes when I'm coding. Because if that happens, you have to start all over again and it's dreadful
Original post by SmolPotato
Good luck to you too! I just hope all of the programming doesn't trip me up ahhhhh
Original post by Saverah
I'm not good at programming. I would be if I practised, but I get demotivated when I get such silly mistakes when I'm coding. Because if that happens, you have to start all over again and it's dreadful

I understand, it is. Perhaps watch YouTube videos of people who cover the spec for last minute revision? It could help with even a bit of a refresher
Reply 4
Yeah I'm going to try and do it anyways. Have science and computer science tomorrow. It's a long day
Original post by SmolPotato
I understand, it is. Perhaps watch YouTube videos of people who cover the spec for last minute revision? It could help with even a bit of a refresher
what sections are on paper 2? because i revised it all before paper 1 and just want to refresh myself after todays English lit
Reply 6
Algorithms, Memory, Producing Robust Programs, Computational Logic, Translators, Facilities of Logic and Data Representation, I think those are the main ones
Original post by ToxicJaffa
what sections are on paper 2? because i revised it all before paper 1 and just want to refresh myself after todays English lit
For OCR, I wonder if any Paper 1 topics will come up.
Was a shocker seeing compression on Paper 1.
Reply 8
I was so confused, I thought that was going to be on Paper 2
Original post by pianowithsam
For OCR, I wonder if any Paper 1 topics will come up.
Was a shocker seeing compression on Paper 1.
Yeah, compression is listed as a Paper 2 topic.
Original post by Saverah
I was so confused, I thought that was going to be on Paper 2
Reply 10
Original post by Saverah

ughhhh I'm so not ready to do paper 2 paper 1 tho was surprisingly easy but I made silly mistakes I want a 8 most likely got a 7 but programming and paper 2 is just so annoying im human why are they trying to make me think like a machine
Reply 11
Same but I don't mind a pass. This paper will make me so confused, I'll be waffling.
Original post by HaliZ
ughhhh I'm so not ready to do paper 2 paper 1 tho was surprisingly easy but I made silly mistakes I want a 8 most likely got a 7 but programming and paper 2 is just so annoying im human why are they trying to make me think like a machine
Reply 12
oh there's no way u could waffle as much me and my friends did in our re-exams
ps hope u do great tomorrow and on Monday
Original post by Saverah
Same but I don't mind a pass. This paper will make me so confused, I'll be waffling.
Reply 13
Thank you so much and you too. Nah I won the waffling competition in Computer Science but English was another level.

Original post by HaliZ
oh there's no way u could waffle as much me and my friends did in our re-exams
ps hope u do great tomorrow and on Monday
Reply 14
I wasn't hallucinating then loool
Original post by pianowithsam
Yeah, compression is listed as a Paper 2 topic.
Reply 15
I've got OCR which is supposedly easier questions but higher grade boundaries paper 2 supposedly may have some file management questions
Original post by Saverah
I wasn't hallucinating then loool
Reply 16
Going to check file management questions right now. OCR expects too much
Original post by HaliZ
I've got OCR which is supposedly easier questions but higher grade boundaries paper 2 supposedly may have some file management questions
Reply 17
haha enjoy I know the basics my teacher wants a 9 but I hope for an 8 tho OCR is Oxford and Cambridge maybe its gonna get some credit in the future
ps are u doing OCR too
Original post by Saverah
Going to check file management questions right now. OCR expects too much
Reply 18
Yeah OCR and I'm just hoping for a pass. Computer Science is not my strongest subject, actually I have no strong subject loool
Original post by HaliZ
haha enjoy I know the basics my teacher wants a 9 but I hope for an 8 tho OCR is Oxford and Cambridge maybe its gonna get some credit in the future
ps are u doing OCR too
Reply 19
english is my absolute nightmare that and French
I was actually beyond failing a few months ago but I guess I just needed some focus
oh and a revision guide
Original post by Saverah
Yeah OCR and I'm just hoping for a pass. Computer Science is not my strongest subject, actually I have no strong subject loool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending