The Student Room Group

who else found English Literature Paper 1 hard

Scroll to see replies

i done absolutely jake s**t and i found that test good
It’s ok everyone said the aqa one easy I know I’ve failed I’m predicted a 6 and I honestly don’t think I’m going to pass at all. I’ve actually cried so much I actually can’t stop😭
Original post by Chynabenae
I found the Macbeth question quite hard? I’ve been crying ever since
In English literature I wrote about Romeo relationship with Juliet is strong as he states o she doth teaches the torches to burn bright and analysed it proper and I also wrote about how friar believes the relationship between Romeo and Juliet is inevitable! Will this get me in band 5 ( grade 6-7)
Original post by Onnadhiel
An inspector calls wasn't terrible... Not great, but not the worst
Jekyll and Hyde was a curse upon this planet.

Inspector calls hasn’t happened yet
Original post by Jasmine_x
It’s ok everyone said the aqa one easy I know I’ve failed I’m predicted a 6 and I honestly don’t think I’m going to pass at all. I’ve actually cried so much I actually can’t stop😭

hey do you want inbox me privately and we can talk? X because I’m predicted a 6 as well but wanted a 7 and now I’m doubting myself x
Macbeth was decent, sign of four was crap

during my exam i found it very hard to breathe and the examiners were stressing me out as they were walking around and making me even more anxious.
when the exam finishes i feel SO shaky and cant look anyone in the eye.
my friend was like "i did 8 pages" and i was like HOW
A christmas carol wasn't as bad as macbeth. - just hoping AQA drop the grade boundaries like macbeth did when man not born of a women meet him
Reply 47
Original post by bhunt2
Christmas Carol was easy

What did you write for it? Just want to compare it to mine lol
Same, omg I came out the test absolutely baffled, and my everyone was said it was easy. And I'm standing there wondering if we even did the same paper!
same i wrote about the divine right of kings and about lady macbeth
i also wrote about how macbeth in the play has to keep om murdering to get to the throne so i then said how he has to finish what he has created
Reply 50
Original post by Joanne12345
What were the questions for Christmas Carol and Romeo&Juliet? Got my Y10 mocks in a couple of weeks...my school might use same questions

Idk if someone’s already replied but r&j: how does Shakespeare present their relationship with the extract from the first time they kiss (that sonnet bit) and in the extract as a whole
I wrote about: the purity of their relationship is reflected in the religious imagery, marks a turning point for Juliet because it shows her offering herself to Romeo when she never seemed to be interested in love before, marks a turning point in Romeo because he forgets about rosaline and becomes more natural in his expressions of love
Acc: how does dickens use the ghost of Marley & the other ghosts to show how Scrooge changes his attitudes and behaviours (the extract was when Marley visits Scrooge in stave 1)
I wrote about: Marley catalyses his change in behaviour, advises him to “shun the path I tread”, ghost of Christmas past- makes him pity himself and feel guilty about his treatment of Fred (Fred acts as a foil to Scrooge and emphasises his negative qualities in stave 1), ghost of Christmas present: shows Scrooge what other people think about him (he’s the “ogre” of the cratchit household etc etc), ghost of christmas future: cements his transformation by scaring him, he pities himself and promises to hold the spirit of Christmas in his heart all year round and then he gives bob a pay rise (this all juxtaposes to stave 1)
Hope this helps lol

I found the Macbeth one easy - though that meant it was hard to analyse in much depth. However I found the Sign of the four question terrible so probably failed that one xD
Original post by Jasmine_x

You're not alone, I'm predicted a 6 and I feel like I answered the questions really badly.
I didn't like the Jekyll and Hyde question at all, but I managed it.
Romeo and Juliet was decent.
I sympathise with all who had to go through Macbeth or a Christmas Carol, as it seemed very difficult to grasp. I am sure you will all come out with some amazing grades, and there is always Paper 2 to improve upon.

I wish everybody the best of luck
😄
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ajsar
Hi everyone here ! So basically in Christmas carol I wrote what happened with each ghosts then add a quote or two for each ghosts and then what effect it had on Scrooge. Do you guys think I attempted this right. Proper stressing right now lol

thats what i did but im genuinely so stressed, the question was soooo vague and broad!!
Me, it was unexpected, all my teachers thought it was going to be Lady Macbeth and something about charity for ACC. They got both wrong. I sat down and almost cried. Macbeth was okayish but ACC was horrible. X
Original post by Maya2003
Me, it was unexpected, all my teachers thought it was going to be Lady Macbeth and something about charity for ACC. They got both wrong. I sat down and almost cried. Macbeth was okayish but ACC was horrible. X

It was really unexpected
this is what i talked about (can someone tell me if i will get low marks as im really bad at english)
paragraph 1 - extract that was given and violent imagery used
paragraph 2 - How he murdered Duncan despite the fact that he saw the air-drawn dagger
Paragraph 3 - How lady macbeth played a role in macbeth's violent character
paragraph 4 - murder of banquo and his ghost (i argued it doesn't show guilt and that macbeth was raging that Fleance had escaped which shows his great desire for power and ambition)
please help i think i messed up
Dickens presents the ghosts as a vehicle for scrooge to change his ways. that what i said
What your exam board and what was the question?
Original post by krish patel
Dickens presents the ghosts as a vehicle for scrooge to change his ways. that what i said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending